TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice on a set up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:44 am

Hi Guys. I have a set up here that i would like some advice on?. Would a 12volt 7Ah battery work with a Mtroniks Viper Marine 25 ESC, and a 17 stock turn motor that came out of a radio controlled car?. I have other motors if this will not work, 2 540's
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Tony, most modified car 540s don't like running on 12 volts as they are only designed to run on 7.2v to 9.6v, they are also quite amp hungry, a 17 turn motor will draw on average 12 - 20 amps under normal running (depending on the prop size), with a stall current of well over 40 amps. They don't like being overloaded either and have a no load speed over 28,000 rpm on 7.2 v and over 47,000 on 12v!!!
I used to race fast electrics and with this type of motor running Sanyo 2000 SCRs (showing my age now!!!! Very Happy Very Happy ) I was just about getting 4 minutes running time, just long enough for the race duration.....

What boat is it for??

If you want any more help PM me your phone number.....

Windy....
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you Windy, that's what i thought i just wanted to hear from somebody else. A 540 it is then. It's under "Any other model boats" under MTB. It's 46" long, and made of wood.
Advice on a set up 100_0151
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Tony, I reckon the boat is a bit big for a single 540 motor.... A 700 size would be far more suitable.

W.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks Windy i think I've got one of those as well, it came from a rechargeable Hoover. I will try it when i get the rest of the stuff I've ordered from Hobbies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice on a set up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on a set up   Advice on a set up Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on a set up
Page 1 of 1