TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MTB in need of TLC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Guys I've just bought a hand built MTB boat for £75. It's about a meter long. I haven't got any photos of it yet but when i do i will be sure to post. It's in need of TLC but you know me, and a challenge LOL. I will enjoy restoring it. Watch this space. What a Face
Back to top Go down
tattooed
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
tattooed

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:28 pm

you go for it tony i'm sure she'll look fantastic when your done mate
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:51 am

Cheers Andy. I will collect it next week after i have moved. I am looking forward to setting to work on it.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:10 am

Here it is MTB boat that is shortly to become a launch or pilot boat. It's 46" long from stem to stern x 13" Beam x 8" Draft. The cabin & upper superstructure was that badly damaged i had no option to rip it off, and throw it away, it's a shame really.
MTB in need of TLC 100_0151
MTB in need of TLC 100_0148
MTB in need of TLC 100_0149
MTB in need of TLC 100_0150
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:20 am

Work I have done so far

MTB in need of TLC 100_0110
MTB in need of TLC 100_0111
MTB in need of TLC 100_0112
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:10 pm

MTB in need of TLC 100_0113
MTB in need of TLC 100_0114
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Tony

Are you working to a plan or from photographs?

Is it a specific model?

Dave
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Dave. Neither, i am working from my own imagination. I never work to plans. It's a boat i bought from a guy.

Tony
Back to top Go down
tattooed
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
tattooed

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 pm

And your doing a great job on her Tony
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:14 am

Thank you Andy. It's nice to receive a bit of encouragement.

Tony
Back to top Go down

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 am

Good work the imagination gets a look in your head and you run with it is the best way to produce something unique I wish we had a thumbs up emoticon it'd be appropriate here.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:06 pm

Thank you Damien cheers
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Here is what I've so far. I am making a new mast for it with mast lights on, and it's proving difficult. The mast is from an old firework rocket stick that i picked up last year (I'm known for being a re-cycler) Very Happy
MTB in need of TLC Dsc04110
MTB in need of TLC Dsc04111
MTB in need of TLC Dsc04112
MTB in need of TLC Dsc04113
Back to top Go down
tattooed
Able Seaman
Able Seaman
tattooed

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 pm

very nice tony keep up the good work mate and if we ever get a summer enjoy her down the lake
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 10:26 am

Cheers Andy. You wait till see it when it's done, and the Video on the lake trials. I'm painting the Cabin Orange instead of Yellow, i don't like the Yellow, and the mast i've ripped off, and making a new one.

Tony
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:26 am

It's finished apart from the windows at the back of the cabin. It's proved a challenge this model has, and it wouldn't have come to fruition without "Windy's" help, thank you mate for providing the Motor. The stickers you can see about the model i did the usual, downloaded them, resized them, and printed them off, and stuck them on with wood glue. The first time i saw that model it screamed to me "RESCUE ME". It was languishing in a Carpet warehouse with a right Jack the lad who owned it, at first he wanted a £100 for it but i managed to get him down to £75. I cant abide people like him the Ratbag Mad. Anyway i rescued it , and the result you can see before you. Don't ask me to explain any of the Photos to you all accept the second to last one which is the name I've decided to call it "Spinner" the name of the Flying police car in "Bladerunner" with "Harrrison Ford" one of all time favourite films.
MTB in need of TLC 100_0115
MTB in need of TLC 100_0116
MTB in need of TLC 100_0117
MTB in need of TLC 100_0120
MTB in need of TLC 100_0119
MTB in need of TLC 100_0118
Back to top Go down
Windy
Gunner
Gunner

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:00 pm

You are more than welcome Tony, just glad I could help....

When is it going to get wet??

W...
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Probably next week if the weather clears up?. I don't think the Wind will bother it because it's too large, and it's got a bit of weight to it. I shall post a Video up of the Pond trials Windy.

Tony
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

Just to an impression as to the size. Excuse me for appearing in my scruffs but i like to hang out in my home dressed liked this lol! . The T Shirt I'm wearing says "Same Sh*t Different Island which i bought in the Caribbean Very Happy. I had the presence of mind to attach to carrying rings Fore, and aft, then i could attach a carrying strap to it which i can unclip. I also had the presence of mind to make a removable Mast which i plug in when I'm going to sail it Simples. lol!
MTB in need of TLC 100_0121
MTB in need of TLC 100_0122
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:31 pm

The perfectionists out there will probably gasp in horror at what I've done to the Electrical system in my boat, but i don't care, it works, and that's all that matters.
The first Photo is of a heat sink which I'm quite proud of, built from odds, and ends of aluminium which is a good heat radiator. The reason for this is when it went on it's maiden voyage the propeller got entangled in weed, and the motor got hot, and as a result the wires on the negative side got hot as well so i put the heat sink on the negative circuit. So if it's gets entangled in weed again it won't overheat Simples. The second, and third Photo i put a water cooling system in (Self explanatory really). The Fourth Photo i cut a couple of vents in the deck to get an airflow over the electrics. I have yet to try my work out yet on the pond, i sincerely hope that the Council has elected to scoop up all that weed when it goes for it next outing.
MTB in need of TLC 100_0210
MTB in need of TLC 100_0211
MTB in need of TLC 100_0212
MTB in need of TLC 100_0213
Back to top Go down

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 am

Practical solutions are always the best it makes no difference what others think if it works you feel great if not we start again and have learned something new.
This Pilot boat is looking very nice Tony well done.
Damien.
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 am

Thanks Damien i really mean that. I have to make do with what i can being on a limited budget. The stroke is slowing me down now, every day i have to think harder about how i solve problems but i get there?. What ever i spend on my Hobby the wife gets the same, so i'm fair. I wish i had a workshop to tinker around in the wife would never see me lol! but it the last project i'm going to undertake. It's only left for me to maintain my boats (Of which i have 3), and add to them as i see fit. Cheers Damien cheers
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 am

Tony,

You may be having to think harder, but that is good for you and has helped you produce a model to be proud of. Now you really must start thinking hard about the next project! cheers
Back to top Go down
TonyW
Gunner
Gunner
TonyW

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks mate but this is my last project, unless i alter one of the boats i've got. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTB in need of TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTB in need of TLC   MTB in need of TLC Empty

Back to top Go down

MTB in need of TLC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories & Archived Build Logs :: Any Other Models-
Jump to: