TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

one of my xmas presents going together

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

one of my xmas presents going together Empty
PostSubject: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 pm

My good lady finally gave in and bought me a kit for xmas now at 1st I thought great then I opened it and well even though I've long wanted this kit on close inspection I believe I may have created a rod for my own back lol!

one of my xmas presents going together Photo079

lots of really tiny bits in here think I'll need a magnifier

one of my xmas presents going together Photo080

however eventually I bit the bullet and after near on 5hrs work I'm about half way there

one of my xmas presents going together Photo081
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:05 am

I love it.....May have to get one of those. Mind you, I reckon that bowsprit is a bit long!! affraid
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:21 pm

Like a women with a sense of humor lol!

Alan
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks lads I agree that bowsprit does look a tad long but looking at the photo on the box its prob just because the masts etc are not in place yet. remember this is a schooner and they do have a massive sail area for the hull size, compared to other period ships as they were all about speed and agility not massive fire power hence only 4 guns on the maindeck
Back to top Go down
PJG1412
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Phil It loooks a nice one, not very easy,the rigging will be a difficult. How's it going and will you put it in the bottle ? It reminded me of a 1/300th Napoleonic Dutch Gun Boat I made several years ago which included figures, which I think I have a few left over, if you want them I believe I can find them. This led me to taking some photos, which showed up the dust, so I am starting a new thread with them.

Pete
Back to top Go down
phil winks
Master
Master
phil winks

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:14 pm

thanks matey. the hull is app 1 1/2 inch loa so if you have figures to spare that small I'd be delighted,

the rigging and getting it in the bottle are definately the hard parts of this build.

the rigging method in the instructions does not allow the masts to fold flat enough for it to pass through the neck so a rethink is required. plus a dummy run attempt at using the supplied special tool for placing it on the stand in the bottle showed a flaw with the said tool. it simply does not grip the hull adequately. so yet another rethink.

also pressure of work has kept me away from building for a bit (6 & 7 day weeks since new year) more will be posted as soon as I have time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one of my xmas presents going together   one of my xmas presents going together Empty

Back to top Go down

one of my xmas presents going together
Page 1 of 1