Have started on my final model this last week and transferred the plans details to the oak keel and fashioned her general form employing a thicker and deeper keel line so that I am able to fit either a shortened drop keel or another yet to be designed .
The rib sections have also been copied out and glued to 3mm ply and I intend cutting a rough silhouette from this prior to cleaning them up as she will eventually be R/C three masted ship of the line adapted to my needs and whims to facilitate the working sails / masts I am hopping to end up with .
Whilst glueing and checking the photostats copies , I checked the dimensions and found many discrepancies on width so halted whilst I got to the bottom of it as the scant rib section showed bow and stern silhouettes of the starboard side and a centre line which when folded over on the centre line should reveal the desired rib
... but many were not true which would have resulted in a caterpillar plan profile if assembled without using dividers to check and confirm TRUE outline so glad I took the trouble to check
[ apparently caused by staggered profile image printed on the paper as the scanner beam travels over the paper ]
.....so be warned and " dont " trust the printed effigy without checking it first !
So will be busy cutting these out over the coming week