TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE

Go down 
+2
Roadrunner
Martin555
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE Empty
PostSubject: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 9:57 am

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HI GUYS,

I have been a member here now for a few days and i am really enjoying reading the content on this forum.

So don't be surprised if you receive a comment many years after your original posting.

There are some really talented model builders on this site and some fantastic articles and Build Logs to read.

However i have noticed that this site is quite quiet and soon i will run out of things to read.

So common guys lets get posting and commenting and get this site back to what it should be.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 10:16 am

I haven’t been in the workshop for like a year now… joys of 5 kids and busy work life I’m just not Getting the time right now.

There are a few regular posters but even they can only work so fast.

davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 1:54 pm

hi martin 
the problem is that like myself, i have built boats for 20 years and now have about 40 boats built from scratch some are on this site others on other sites, so have now stopped building . barrie is the same he has built more than anyone  on this site but i think he is running out of space and ideas. its a great hobby, but not enough young builders coming into this hobby its a shame but computer games are the in thing today. glad you are enjoying what we have built  2thumbsup

david

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 2:51 pm

Hi David,
I know exactly what you are saying I have parted company with most of my models over the years so as to make room.
It is a great hobby and as you say there is not the enthusiasm from the younger generation.

Over the years like many of us guys i have tried to encourage the younger ones even when i used to go to the pond/lake i used to take a few models with me so that some of the passing kids could have a go.

The same as when i do my build logs i try to put it across so that the new guys to this hobby can make sense of it and maybe get bitten by the bug.

I like looking at all sorts of build logs as there is always that little tip that you see and think 'i wish i knew that when i was doing that bit to one of my boats'.

Still there are more threads to look through, and more to learn.

It would be good to see more members join and to see there work no matter what there skill level is.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm

I'd tend to disagree that kids aren't interested give a child a Tamiya car or buggy and it will be run till the batteries flat or a drone so he can film the neighbours daughter sunbathing they are well away but you show them a finely built tug boat, cabin cruiser etc it gets to ' is that it ?' real fast. Something fast and flashy boat wise may hold their attention but not exactly welcome as kids don't come with liability insurance.
Long term interest from a youngster s a difficult one given the pull of electronic games.
I think a touch of age or maturity makes a boat builder plus an appreciation of boats in the first place as it's not an instant gratification hobby apart from ready to run which comes at a price.  The caveat is fast electrics or I.C. they're all barmy.
I've given up this week I've got man flu by the way.

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi Swab,
Sorry to hear about the man flu, us guys know how that feels.
Hopefully you will get better soon.

You must be able to hear your workshop calling from your sick bed LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Crying from loneliness more likely judging from my past medical history I feel a short course of antibiotics and a steroid back up is coming my way which means full speed ahead then a nightly coma for 5 days coming up.
Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 4:11 pm

That dose not sound good.
But after 5 days coma rest you will feel like a new man (Hopefully)
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Just been to the docs Steroids and an antibiotic for an upper respiratory infection. Which means I'll be buzzing all day ( take steroids about 6- 6:30 am just before I go out) slowly decline from 7 pm comatose by 10pm repeat for 5 days. Orca tonight may start the name plaque that's going to be a sweary experience working with a thin wood veneer.
Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 5:10 pm

So the air tonight will be Blue quickly followed by Black. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 pm

No I'll start in the morning with the zoom pills I'd never sleep and the wife will kill me! I can swear without pills the solitude of the shed allows standards to slip!
Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 5:59 pm

Tut Tut!
One must not let one's standards drop. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Oldsmokey
Gunner
Gunner
Oldsmokey

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:11 pm

I like your enthusiasm Martin it could become infectious perhaps with new members and fresh ideas are all it may take.
Most forums have been slow mainly due to this Covid thing. Zoom meetings seem to have become the norm.
This forum as you note has some very talented modellers and thanks to the few regular contributors who continue to find interesting kits to build and post for our pleasure as much as their own (I won’t name them) but we know who you are. (Thanks guys).

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Oldsmokey,
I find taking part and being active helps with my motivation and i hope it will also do the same for the other members.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
Oldsmokey
Gunner
Gunner
Oldsmokey

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm

Martin.
It’s a pleasure to get to know more about a person the more information the better especially if asked a technical question the more you know about the skill and knowledge of the enquirer the easier it is to answer the question.

Along with my hobby friends, we tried Skype meetings but were more successful with Zoom. 
I’m not sure at the moment how things will progress because at the moment we have our monthly club meeting plus four morning club section meetings all from the comfort of home on Zoom. Will things return to what we thought “the norm”? or are we becoming housebound slaves to Zoom on our Laptops, Tablets, and Mobile phones
Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Hi Brian.

There are many clubs that are tying to run as normal.
I think that is a good thing, but i would still recommend that maybe the wearing of face masks will help to get things going that much quicker and can only help to stop the spread of this nasty Virus.
It will be a terrible shame if we just end up as builders and not enjoy the benefit of our hobby and to get out into the fresh air.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Hi Martin

Sorry I have not replied earlier but have been sampling the 1 to 1 scale ships - been on a cruise round the British Isles.

Barrie

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Hi barriew.
Glad to hear you were able to finally get to cruise after all the problems we have been having with this nasty Virus.

Welcome back.

Martin.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks Martin. I saw you had joined whilst I was away, but I don't try to access the Forum on board. I see you have been active. If you have posted any queries on my builds I will try to catch up eventually.

Regards,

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS THERE ANYBODY THERE   IS THERE ANYBODY THERE Empty

Back to top Go down

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: