TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
guzzijohn
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO Empty
PostSubject: HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO   HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Ok, I've got a recommendation on servo power @ 25kg. Do they change power with motor upgrade or gearing-the latter would change reaction time I'd think.  Once again there are choices. It would seem 90 degrees of movement is more than enough as the rudder should have only 70 degrees of movement range. I imagine you can either adjust a servo's limits or change lever ratios. Do they have any internal brain capacity or simply act on tx lever movement? As you see every step is learning for me. Idea
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO   HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:52 am

You can buy servos with different strengths, but they are not upgradeable. There are two ways of adjusting the throw - by use of the transmitter if it has the facility, or by changes to the linkage. Servos arms usually have a series of holes, and if you make your tiller arm the same then by moving the linkage you can adjust the throw.
I believe you can buy digital servos which are programmable, but you don't need that complication.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO   HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Whilst Barrie is correct in what he says , if its a must have or you need to speed up or slow down the action of whatever Servo you can buy a Servo Morph which will do exactly that .

Visit Component-shop.co.uk and look in the ACTion section and you will find the morph in there , they also sell Servo's Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO   HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO Empty

Back to top Go down

HUNTING THE ELUSIVE SERVO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: All Things Electrical-
Jump to: