TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3d print designs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
womble
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

3d print designs Empty
PostSubject: 3d print designs   3d print designs EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 6:07 pm

I have recently been given a birthday (80th!)present of a 3d printer, never had one before. Now that I have got the thing to work, does anyone know of websites with cad designs for model boat bits? I have found some for lifeboats and a liferaft but that is all so far. Surely other people have written for ships railing, winches, bridge fittings etc. that would let this old gezer get some done before he falls off his perch.
Thanks, Tony
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

3d print designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d print designs   3d print designs EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:45 am

Congratulations on your 80th ad your present. I wonder if I might get one next month when I get to 80 Rolling Eyes
The only place I have heard of free 3D designs is Thingiverse - but I don't know exactly what they have.

Regards
Barrie
Back to top Go down
womble
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

3d print designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d print designs   3d print designs EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks for the interest. All I have managed to source is a modern ships lifeboat (which won't print because there is a part of the design missing!) and a 25 man liferaft container which does scale and print well but looks more like a liferaft from a ferry than fron an RN vessel. Both downloaded free from GRABcad. Plus a 40 ft container from MyMiniFactory.com. I am building a model of HMS Protector our antartic icebreaker/research/patrol ship, that has a conainer on deck for extra storage space.

Murphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3d print designs Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3d print designs   3d print designs Empty

Back to top Go down

3d print designs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: Working With Plastic & Styrene-
Jump to: