TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newbie saying hello

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard.billmen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Newbie saying hello Empty
PostSubject: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi all, I've just built my first kit during furlough and I think I'm loving it, first one was a Aeronaut Princess but my next is a Seaclear 92cm racing cat. Trouble is I'm getting a bit lost in the vast array of motor, esc and battery sizes. I want to make it quick but not break any records. Looking forward to conversing with you all in the future, thanks 👍
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 12:23 pm

Welcome Richard. "Our Leader" Aron knows a lot about fast electric boats and motors and ESCs etc. I am sure he will be able to answer any questions you may have. To make those answers more relevant it would help if we knew where abouts in the world you live. We are not asking for your address, but a country at least would help. Its no use advising you to use products available in the UK if you live in Outer Mongolia lol!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
richard.billmen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Oh yes, sorry I'm in Norfolk England, don't even know of a lake to run on, but its the building of the thing thats got me excited. Thanks Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Richard

Three lakes I know of in Norfolk - Norwich has an active model boat club I believe, there's a boating lake at Sheringham and one at Great Yarmouth. The latter not very satisfactory for fast boats I think - it is the Venetian Waterway used by the Gt Yarmouth club.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
richard.billmen
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks Barrie, those are lovely with my aeronaut, I'm not sure about a fast boat. But thats a little way in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying hello   Newbie saying hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie saying hello
Page 1 of 1