TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Howdy!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob K
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Howdy! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy!   Howdy! EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi Folks! 

i have not joined a new site in some time, and I look forward to contributing to this one in a meaningful way.

I'm retired Navy, (ABECS(AW)) and have been building model boats on and off since I was a rookie.  I dabbled with flying for a while, but changes to my eyesight put the kibosh on that, so I returned to model boating.

My Covid-19 Isolation Project has been the construction of a 73" Anchor Handling Tug I call "Nostromo (registered in Sulaco...) that is based on a very close scale hull of "ALP Future" that is built with an Ulsein X-Bow.  Look for pictures and possibly a build thread on that one...I got the semi-kit on April 10th, and hit the lake for the first time 3 weeks ago....

I'm planning to put Nostromo back in the shop for further detailing this winter, and am planning another construction project that's not quite as ambitious as Nostromo has been.

In any case, glad to come aboard, I will lift a glass of bourbon to all of you builders of ships, and will look forward to great conversations to come.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Howdy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy!   Howdy! EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi Bob - welcome to the site. We look forward to seeing your builds - 73 inches is about four times my preferred size, although someone in my club has a nine foot model I understand, plus a seven foot one!

If you want to post photos, there is the facility to do so, with no size restrictions.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Howdy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: