TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T33CNO
Gunner
Gunner

I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? Empty
PostSubject: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 12:44 am

Last year or earlier I was very taken by the MidWest Maine Boothbay Lobster boat in 1:12 scale. My search for months only came across the smaller version which to me was most undesirable despite that I bought one and no doubt I'll never build it.
Moving on I did find a shop in London online that had stock and bought one snappy. 
This model was conceived in the mid 1980's and indeed my club mate Stan has the model he built 30 yrs ago and is highly regarded for his weathering and added details.
I decided to build mine as a 2019 version with modifications to prop tube, superstructure and electrics. A brushless version that will run for hours on a pair of 7.2 NiMh 

I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? 4C33DC44-E8F2-4D7B-B32C-E328A0093019-X3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 11:45 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
T33CNO
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Thank you Cool
I just built the accompanying row boat too of same era. Lucky to find this about £20 recently on eBay.
For ages 14+ but I found it not to be underestimated and very easy to make a crock of. 

I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? 7B451860-2BD9-4407-88E2-83FCCD29D1DB-X3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 11:34 pm

Looks terrific.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 12:36 am

Great pair of boats, really like the rower, one day I’ll make a decent replica of one and make it work, improve on my little 24th scale hash together version.

On a side note I usually class “vintage boats” as anything pre 1980’s or modern boats that keep that vintage style, You can usually tell by the window shapes and cabin/wheelhouse shape style, modern boats after the 80’s tend to start becoming more styled in modern shapes much like a sports car.

Usually that’s all I build anyway besides the odd tug boat or obscure challenge. I’ve yet to get old enough to be one hermit and his war ship... although that’s coming at some point Very Happy

zooma
Midshipman
Midshipman

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:45 pm

I am currently really enjoying making or restoring model boats that I either owned or just saw when I first started r/c model boats back in the 1960's.

My current project is restoring a 1954 kit built Chris Craft Corvette  - now that is definitely a "vintage" model as far as I am concerned Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??   I wonder how old to be classed as vintage?? Empty

Back to top Go down

I wonder how old to be classed as vintage??
Page 1 of 1