TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello all

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Hello all   Hello all EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Just joined can't say I'll be the most prolific poster as I'm a bit wary as I've had a bit of a bad time at the other place. I'm mainly interested in powerboats but I've got a yacht that I dabble with though I'll never join the race crowd!
At present I'm cleaning up a Graupner Pegasus i bought just after Christmas and hope to relaunch once the weather stops moving so fast.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Hello all EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Welcome to the forum, don’t be afraid to post. Unlike many other forums we have a zero tolerance on abuse towards members, basically “if you got nothing nice to say don’t say anything rule” which I have a hard line stance on with the mod team.

You’ll find all our members are very friendly and have many decades of experience in the Rc boating world and other hobby’s so feel free to ask questions or advice someone here will be able to help should you need it.

If you have a current build and would like to partake in a build log feel free to start posting in the active build log section, we all love peoples builds with many photos from anyone willing to share their work.
We do not discriminate against skills levels so share with us I promise it will be worth the effort!

Best regards

Admin

Swab
Master
Master
Swab

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Hello all EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome about myself I'm in my late 50's and employed in my 42nd year of engineering and I now work as a surveyor for an insurance company, my initial training was as a tool maker but I branched out into building machinery, electrics and lifting gear. I got my degree and sort of went sideways into surveying.
I'm not a total model boat disciple as I really enjoy static model aircraft and AFV's, I'm a member of a Midlands model boat club but I've got a total lack of a competitive streak so I avoid any racing or competition.
Back to top Go down

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Hello all EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 8:41 pm

Swab wrote:
Thanks for the welcome about myself I'm in my late 50's and employed in my 42nd year of engineering and I now work as a surveyor for an insurance company, my initial training was as a tool maker but I branched out into building machinery, electrics and lifting gear. I got my degree and sort of went sideways into surveying.
I'm not a total model boat disciple as I really enjoy static model aircraft and AFV's, I'm a member of a Midlands model boat club but I've got a total lack of a competitive streak so I avoid any racing or competition.

I will second Roadrunners sentiments...…...we are a lovely helpful and very happy group...…...

there is not a competitive member on here...…….we all build for ourselves, not for others, and iff through our build blogs we can help others, we try our best.

we love photos, builds, warts and all, and don't cover our mistakes...….and are all far from prima donna's.

as such, we welcome you and hope that you do enjoy your stay with us, and any contribution you can or wish to make will only help to make this a more varied and fruitful forum

all the best.

neil.
Back to top Go down
stafen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Hello all EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Swab wrote:
Just joined can't say I'll be the most prolific poster as I'm a bit wary as I've had a bit of a bad time at the other place. I'm mainly interested in powerboats but I've got a yacht that I dabble with though I'll never join the race crowd!
At present I'm cleaning up a Graupner Pegasus i bought just after Christmas and hope to relaunch once the weather stops moving so fast.
Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello all   Hello all Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: