Posts : 5
Join date : 2015-11-14
Age : 84
Location : manitoba canada
|Subject: lettering Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:51 am
How do most modellers put the letters of model names on their boats
Posts : 2618
Join date : 2011-11-26
Age : 83
Location : Thaxted, Essex
|Subject: Re: lettering Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:08 am
If not included in the kit, or for a scratch build, I cut them on my vinyl cutter. Another option is to use Decal paper for your inkjet or laser printer.
What do you need? I may be able to help with vinyl letters.
Posts : 13
Join date : 2020-05-01
|Subject: Old post I know lol Wed May 13, 2020 3:31 am
I use a Cricut Maker. I specifically picked the Maker as it is a SUPER capable machine that can do vynal, cardstock, mylar stencils, cloth, balsa, and even lite ply! And a WHOLE ton of materials in between. I am always finding new hobby projects for it. And it is MINE! If the missus wants to play, she can go get her own HAHA!
Posts : 33
Join date : 2020-06-02
|Subject: Re: lettering Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:26 pm
identification number specifies the boat model
year and year of production, among other things. Officially, the identification number is known by the acronym 'WIN'. In Buster boats
, the identification number is located in the transom.
Here are a few things to consider before buying the ship kits:-
- History of the model- If you are willing to buy a ship kit which is exquisite and rare, make sure to properly check it because the model of a ship which has played a great role in history is more valuable than any other ship.
- The size of the model- Before buying, the size of the ship model should be considered according to the display area. Moreover, beginners should buy a small sized model, because the one with large size is a bit tricky to complete.
- The Quality of the material- Usually model ship kits are available in three types of material wooden, brass and canvas. Out of these, Wooden Ship Kits are ideal. Make sure that you purchase the model ship kits from a reputable company only.
- Skill level- The ship kits are available in the market according to the skill level. Make sure you know whether you need a beginner, intermediate, or an advanced level kit beforehand.
- Budget- This is an important factor to consider before buying the ship kits because there are kits which can cost thousands of dollars, therefore, it is necessary to look out how much you can afford.
- Support- The professional sellers of model ship kits offer support and advice on the type of ship kit one wants to buy. Some even offer a warranty on the ship kit model. If you are looking for a good service, make sure to purchase the kit from a company that provides support and help.