TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brocklebank

Go down 
AuthorMessage
captain kev
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
captain kev

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm building a 39" model of this tug, there are no plans available, so I'm working from photo's taken on a visit.

I am stuck for one piece of info, how many blades are on the prop??

I have tried contacting the museum in Liverpool, but a more intractable bunch of people, I've never met.

They will not answer emails, in fact, email them & it tells you it's incorrect.

If they want support for this vessel, they better get their arse into gear, cos I won't support anyone who
displays this sort of "can't be bothered to answer a question", bugger the donations.
Back to top Go down

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:17 pm

captain kev wrote:

I have tried contacting the museum in Liverpool, but a more intractable bunch of people, I've never met.

I agree totally kev,  they wont even let me take my little dog in which fits under me arm, and yet the café attached to it will allow you to sit with your dog under the table...…….had an argument with them about such intransigence only a month ago....their face to face contact with the general public is s*** as well.

but to answer your question I would stake my reputation on the prop, if it is an old diesel or steam tug, it will almost 100% definite be a 4 blade prop, and of a deep pitch to give greater towing purchase than for speed. if a modern tug with kortz nozzle, it could be 3 or 4 blade with softer pitch.
Back to top Go down

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

just seen the tug you are building, which is the tug in the docks as a visitor attraction, i'm almost certain its a 4 blade but am down on the albert docks tomorrow lunch time picking up a friend of my daughters, and having lunch at the Pump House, so will go ask the guys how many blades the prop has fir you.
Back to top Go down
captain kev
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
captain kev

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 pm

nhp651 wrote:
just seen the tug you are building, which is the tug in the docks as a visitor attraction, i'm almost certain its a 4 blade but am down on the albert docks tomorrow lunch time picking up a friend of my daughters, and having lunch at the Pump House, so will go ask the guys how many blades the prop has fir you.

BIG thank you if you could do that, this is my first 'ground up' build, I don't care how long it takes me, but I want it to be as accurate as my
minimal skills can make it (seen some builds on line & they look nothing like the real one).

Please feel free to send me a pm if you get the info.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 pm

hi kev. got the answer today. 

I did so ask the engineer of the tug. the reply was that she was originally from new, fitted with a 3 blade 9' 0" diameter prop, but it was soon found that she was somewhat underpowered with that, 

and so it was changed to a 4 blade 10' 6" diameter across the boss propeller which made an enormous difference to the positive and efficiency if the tug..........so there it is.

the choice is yours.
Back to top Go down

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:45 pm

I would have taken photos for you of the vessel, but had forgotten my camera, but if you do want some I. take some next time i'm down...………...down pretty regularly, at least once a month. 

neil.
Back to top Go down
captain kev
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
captain kev

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 am

nhp651 wrote:
I would have taken photos for you of the vessel, but had forgotten my camera, but if you do want some I. take some next time i'm down...………...down pretty regularly, at least once a month. 

neil.

You have helped massively, I have loads of pic's covering every nook & cranny, it was only the prop that defeated me, I now
have all the info I need. cheers 

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brocklebank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brocklebank   Brocklebank Empty

Back to top Go down

Brocklebank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Full Size Vessels :: Full Size Vessels-
Jump to: