TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Canadian Memeber

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GeorgeJure
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New Canadian Memeber Empty
PostSubject: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 5:41 am

Hello Everyone

My name is George and I have several remote control model interests; HELP ME PLEASE!

My addiction in remote control terms: Submarines military and a small science scratch build, PT Boats from a few countries. A pair of Canadian Coast Guard Rescue craft. Finally ONE want to build remote control row boat, saw one built by a club member and bought the black box from the maker in the U.K.

I need help! Too much, not enough of time in life OR money.

OH well I guess it`s cheaper then drink and smokes.

George
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 7:03 am

Hi George

Welcome to the forum! Have you seen this thread? Its a complete build thread for a row boat using the mechanism you have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hop this helps.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
GeorgeJure
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 2:54 am

Hello Barrie

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am in talks with the Gentleman. Very informative BUT I have to bother you all some more for help. I really like the shape of Roadrunner`s row boat BUT I was hoping to make mine ALL out of wood. Either stained OR clear coated.

I wish I could know the name of that row boat type but I don`t. I would really like to find plans so I could build it.

Any one with plans OR links would be appreciated.
 Thanks
 George
Smile
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 am

The row boat hull is a typical clinker style, to be honest I never found a good plan for that boat hence why I opted for a cheap hull off eBay...

However when I plan to do mk2 of that build I intend to use full size drawings of a clinker and scale down... to which there are loads of plans about for some $$.

When building the row boat there are a lot of technical measuments to get perfect or nothing will work correctly... believe me I spend weeks working out the math on that.

If you have read my blog I have tried to include as much of a warts and all about that build but please note it’s very much a plan free scratch build using google Images to aid layout and construction along with just practicality building to house electronics.

The row boat is 13” long, at 1:12 scale... mid way through I was kicking myself that I didn’t go bigger... at least 1:6th would have been far better for construction and detail ( ribs etc) 

Electrically the boat was very easy to wire up... it’s just a lot of wires for servos so becomes a jumble fast, that said once you make up servos correctly to the right port on the box then you can’t go wrong after that, power is the only issue that might hinder you, truthfully I opted for the Rev receiver battery's packs to power mine aaa sized, ( they do big ones for the 1/6th cars too) run time is good and lucky being servos you can see when the power drops off but still have time to return home.

Rr

GeorgeJure
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 4:51 am

Thanks Rr

What do you think about making a copy of yours BUT in 1/16 scale, what size would that be?
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 7:20 pm

depending on the original hull you copy the size at 1:16 would vary greatly, at a guess 15-17 inches would prob be a good guess in size... but 1:16 is one of those awkward sizes personally i would go right for the 1:6 action man scale, full size servos large battery, loads of room fir true scale detail and men readily available to row it!....

@ 1;6th scale the boat would be about 36-48" long a really nice size boat to work on an run at the lake IMO.

As for copying mine, i would avoid it, there were a lot of mistakes i made which i needed to fix through out the build, and overall its a nice boat but by far its snot even close to my best work in comparison to other builds.... coping it would only serve to make a working rowing boat, given that my row boat is 1:24 scale its great for what it is at that size... but 1:16 wouldn't give you and extra grace in building to scale, 1:12 would be the smallest i would recommend for others to have a go, but i will always stand by my thoughts that 1:6th is the way this boat should be built, hence why i have another rowing controller ready and waiting for the right hull!

At the end of the day its a unique boat no matter how you build it, but when you build a rowing boat given how sparse they truly are then it comes down to build style and personality which will make or break your boat...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Canadian Memeber   New Canadian Memeber Empty

Back to top Go down

New Canadian Memeber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: