TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not Reversing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
minidandy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 11:39 am

Hello,
New to the forum and my first post. Looking for some advice.

Recently got my old Sun XXI tug boat out the loft to start using with my son. Not been used for 15 years+

Didnt have the old controller so bought a new 2 channel futaba controller and receiver: see below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Futaba-T2HR-2ch-RC-Transmitter-Receiver-Combo-2-4GHz-FHSS-Dry-R202GF-CB2HR/323503266682?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I connected it up and turning works and it will throttle forward but when pull stick back to reverse, the motor still powers forwards also

It is connected to an old electronize type 43X ESC

Any help welcome, Im quite new at all this 

Many thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi - welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your stay.
I am not familiar with that RC set or with Electronize ESCs, but I suspect it is something do do with the way the ESC recognizes the mid-point of the throttle during switch on. Does the throttle control on the Tx have a sprung centre point? If not it is important to set the throttle at midpoint before switching on.
Hopefully someone on the Forum will have better knowledge of those EScs.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 1:37 pm

minidandy wrote:
Hello,
New to the forum and my first post. Looking for some advice.

Recently got my old Sun XXI tug boat out the loft to start using with my son. Not been used for 15 years+

Didnt have the old controller so bought a new 2 channel futaba controller and receiver: see below
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Futaba-T2HR-2ch-RC-Transmitter-Receiver-Combo-2-4GHz-FHSS-Dry-R202GF-CB2HR/323503266682?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I connected it up and turning works and it will throttle forward but when pull stick back to reverse, the motor still powers forwards also

It is connected to an old electronize type 43X ESC

Any help welcome, Im quite new at all this 

Many thanks in advance

hi so long as your tx and rx have been mated up, the electronize esc should be easy to reset....all electronize esc's have in the top right hand top casing 3 settings with two adjustment holes for very small plastic or sowing machine screwdrivers.....adjustments and centerings are done here...……..so long since I set mine up I can't remember, but have photographed the instructions for you off the back of one of my electronize sheets...….sorry but my scanner isn't working at the mo.

Not Reversing Img_0538

Not Reversing Img_0539

Not Reversing Img_0540

Not Reversing Img_0541

Not Reversing Img_0542

Not Reversing Img_0543

Not Reversing Img_0544

Not Reversing Img_0545

Not Reversing Img_0546

hope this helps you.
Back to top Go down
minidandy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you very much, this is greatly appreciated. Yes the type43 x has some holes in the top of it for adjustment.
I had a google of the unit but there isnt much on the web, think my boat was made about 25 years ago.
I will have a look tonight and use your pictures as a guide to try and get it working as should.
Once Ive sorted it and fixed a few bits and bobs on the ply and paintwork I will get a picture up on the tug section.
Will keep you posted how i get on with it
Phil
Back to top Go down

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 3:09 pm

its good to see you posting phil, and this is what the site is for...….to help people.....we are a small but very abled group, a friendly group and a very experienced group in different forms of the same hobby, and someone will always help if they can...……...happy modelling.

neil.
Back to top Go down
minidandy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Had a tinker with this tonight and still no joy fiddling with the neutral and speed. I have noticed that the battery is 12v but the esc says 6v on top of the clicky relay bit. The esc also smells slightly of electric burning. I think esc might be kaput?
Phil
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyThu May 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Sounds like you have a screwed reversing relay.
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyFri May 10, 2019 8:13 am

Hi Minidandy

Welcome to the site as has been said we will help in any way we can.

Could I ask were about you are? as you just may be next door to one of the members, also is there a club near you as if there is go along to one of there meeting's and see if they can help you.

I have never used this type of esc but I do think I have one in the odd and sod box. from what you are saying it sounds as if revers has burnt out I have done this many a time more with the one's from Hong Kong.

Best of luck and please do keep us updated

fred
Back to top Go down
minidandy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptyFri May 10, 2019 8:24 am

Hello,
I live in Widnes, Cheshire. There is a decent model shop a few miles away called Widnes Model Centre, I was going to take it into there tomorrow and see what they can do. Anyone know this place?
Thanks for the reply fred and grib
Phil
Back to top Go down
minidandy
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptySun May 12, 2019 9:48 am

Update:
All fixed! The esc was knackered. Widnes model shop were very helpful and sorted me out with a new unit. All working perfectly.
Just got to tidy up the wiring and superglue and clean up a few bits and bobs. Will get some pictures on later hopefully
Phil
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing EmptySun May 12, 2019 9:50 am

Lucky man to have a Model Shop which knows about model boats - there aren't many left.
Pleased you've got it fixed.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not Reversing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Reversing   Not Reversing Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Reversing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Technical Pages :: All Things Electrical-
Jump to: