TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WIRING LED's

Go down 
AuthorMessage

WIRING LED's Empty
PostSubject: WIRING LED's   WIRING LED's EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 pm

would I be right in thinking that with a row of 12v rated led's each fitted with its own resistor each LED  could be spliced into the next one in front of it until all are linked to the main 12v battery just with one wire each for each terminal, without loosing any brightness in the bulb at the end of the link.

thank you. 

WIRING LED's Img_0527
Back to top Go down

WIRING LED's Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIRING LED's   WIRING LED's EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 2:24 am

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

WIRING LED's Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIRING LED's   WIRING LED's EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Well I assume you are trying to light your model boat up on a 12v system and you know the voltage of the LED in question ?.

I recommend that you visit.   www component -shop.co.uk.    you will find the values of the different sizes you can get and how to wire them up correctly . and you can" Daisy chain" them provided you do not exceed the 12v supply.

Each led has a long and a short leg on it [ the short is the NEG.   and the long is the live] and whilst you do need resisters in most  isolated cases........ by Daisy chaining you remove all that faffing around 

Visit their web site there is a wealth of info there . different sizes....... have differing values / voltage requirements  ......and they can supply a micro cable to wire these all in tidally  without ending up with a RATS NEST Evil or Very Mad

Hope this helps and whilst I can assist.... the best way is to learn from scratch[ and its retained better] and all this info is explained to you easily .....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIRING LED's Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIRING LED's   WIRING LED's Empty

Back to top Go down

WIRING LED's
Page 1 of 1