TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mitre Bond Glue

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Right then being a tight fisted Welshman....and you thought the Yorkshire people were!!! and needing some cyno for my St200 build and even though i usally use Neil's fav brandGorilla glue !!!!Ifind it rather expensive especially the quantity i need i bought some Mitr Bond from tool Station.....well if carpenters kitchen fitters etc use then why not and being a tenner for 50g as opposed to 12.5 for Gorrilla Glue then it was a no brainer.

Whats in the pack,1 pot glue and 1 aerosol of kicker,ins state spray kicker to one part and glue to the other and put together.......so a test piece was mad,glue end to end....glue bond didn't beak but the wood did....result,,,,,and yes it works within 10secs without kicker and just as strong.......nothing in the ind thought about sticking yourself to the hull....GUESS WHO did  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

There is one downside to using this commercial glue is the fumes but hey ho we cant have everything.

Dave
Back to top Go down
coastie23
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Superglue off Ebay box full is cheaper as for the "Kicker" try spit damp the wood (side your gonna glue)  with your spit works just as good and cheaper lol. keep box of superglue in fridge lasts longer.
Back to top Go down

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 11:09 pm

coastie23 wrote:
Superglue off Ebay box full is cheaper as for the "Kicker" try spit damp the wood (side your gonna glue)  with your spit works just as good and cheaper lol. keep box of superglue in fridge lasts longer.

when I keep my cyano in the workshop, which is like a fridge or colder, until the heaters go on...…...my supaglue sets harder than an eskimo's wedding tackle. 

it says on the bottle, keep at room temperature...….got a bottle in front of me???
Back to top Go down
coastie23
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 8:36 am

Kept mine in the fridge for a year and left 1 bottle in the room for a year room glue set in bottle.
Back to top Go down

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 pm

coastie23 wrote:
Kept mine in the fridge for a year and left 1 bottle in the room for a year room glue set in bottle.

not here to argue coastie……….far too much of that crap on Mayhem...….we are an argument free zone!!

Stavros was just giving a thumbs up on a product he bought and found right for him...…..we'll leave it at that, and if you wish to start a thread on the pros n cons of cyano and their deficiencies and storage, or a thread on best by products...…..please do so.....on a new thread. 

thanks. 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mitre Bond Glue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mitre Bond Glue   Mitre Bond Glue Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitre Bond Glue
Page 1 of 1