TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike1340/883
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Hello.   Hello. EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 5:40 pm

Hello.
I am in Old South Wales and i have too many toy boats. I build all the time but seldom complete any, as soon as it floats its gets played with.
Sailing around a bare hull for months sometimes, so not a rivet counter then.
Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Welcome to our friendly forum Mike I'm the opposite as the local lake is so weeded I won't risk losing the models.
Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Mike1340/883 wrote:
Hello.
I am in Old South Wales and i have too many toy boats. I build all the time but seldom complete any, as soon as it floats its gets played with.
Sailing around a bare hull for months sometimes, so not a rivet counter then.

sounds interesting, mike...……

and what kind of models do you enjoy building......post some pics, perhaps you might get one finished. 

neil,.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum another south waler! Where about south you located?

Mike1340/883
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello
Thank you for all that, the models i build tend to be at the cheaper end. My skills and pocket are not up to some of those superb kits out there.
Scratch built from scrap or balsa, mostly using the Glyn Guest style of building. Or Glassfibre hulls and modify as i want, there are two hulls waiting in the loft a 48'' Tramp Steamer and a 36'' pilot boat. On the go now is a J Class yacht, stuck on the deck today and a modern harbour
tug. I build a few at a time so jump around from one to another, i have been trying to make boats for many years. Back when the only motors
were 540/385 and 6volt 4amp gell cells and those Bobs Board speed control things, that dates me a bit.
I will see if i can sort some photos.
I am in Pontypool and sail at Cwmbran and Blaenavon.

yours Mike..
Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm

mike, never forget, it is not the amount you spend on a model, either scratch or kit...………….you can throw as much money as you want at one, it will never make you a better modeller...……..

its the patience perseverance and love that you put into one that matters...…..and the enjoyment you get from building it!

I met a chap down at the lakeside at Fleetwood once who was sailing a scratch build destroyer, over 6 feet long...…...every single thing on the model except the radio gear and propellers was salvaged...…..toilet roll middles for funnels, things like toothpast tube tops for bollards circular escape hatches etc,...….the gun barrels from biro pens, and all timber from skips...……….and it looked absolutely superb......so good that I invited him to display it at the up coming model boat show in Fleetwood in 1986...…….and it won a prize for best in class...….judged by independent judges from London.
whilst he was at the show I asked him about it and where he got the materials...…….he told me blatantly that his model cost him just £6.00 to build because he would  skip dive when ever he saw an interesting skip on his "travels"...…….some great stuff in skips  for modellers " he said...……….even found an almost full 5 litre of pva in one, he added.

I asked him what he did for a living...…………"oh, i'm a motorway police pursuit officer" came the reply...……………...so, if it was good enough for a police sergeant, its good enough for anyone, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mike1340/883
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 am

Hello NHP
The Policeman told you that the Destroyer he built was made from technically, stolen materials. I won't tell if you don't.
Shouldn't we be having this conversation somewhere else, because most people don't look at this bit.
Or whatever you are the boss.

yours Mike..
Back to top Go down

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 pm

mike, we don't stand on ceremony here.....we chat, we go off topic now and then, we have fun but we always come back to the topic in hand...……..we even hijack each other's topics now and then with a picture of our own build or experience, so don't be afraid to do so yourself, and if a comment is pertinent to someone elses' topic or build...……….don't be afraid to post …….we don't mind, just as long as we aren't insulting or maligning someone.

that is the joy of this forum, but f there was a problem, or something too discus...…….then the private message is always there.....but I don't see anything about my last comment that needed a pm.

no problems with it myself.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello.   Hello. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: