TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? Empty
PostSubject: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Dave, how do you fancy making a kit of this absolute stunner that I saw in the Albert Dock in Liverpool this afternoon...………..i'd certainly buy one...…….

I only had my phone, but the boat is a real beauty

DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? 20190110

DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? 20190111
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 pm

Maybe so, Neil - but I don't choose the models for the kits.
I remember when we bought out the Stampe SV4B 1/4 scale biplane. Some bloke said that we should do a 1/4 scale DH Dragon Rapide next - "Everybody will want one!" he enthused. Note that the wingspan of this beast would be 13.5 ft.
I told him that there would probably be only one person interested and even that bloke would pale when he saw the price.
So yes, it is pretty - and no, it wouldn't get a second look back at HQ.
DM

As a post-script, Ripmax turned down the Huntsman as being "too old-fashioned".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 pm

good old ripmax, lol.......

have you seen the bonny little yawl I bought on ebay…………….looks a lot nicer "in the flesh"...……..

i'm going to enjoy the learning of the genteel art of sailing this summer...…..might even dig me straw boater out, lol.

need something to calm me down to a gentler pace, the BP tablets don't seem to work...……….nor does the strong beer,  lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:08 pm

Easy, Neil. Just delete Model Boat Mayhem from your Favourites... ;o)
DM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:22 pm

have done matey, just as you did...………...we gave a lot to that site, and many others before us...….and the way knowledgeable modellers are treated...……..I just think their loss, not ours...….am enjoying the "freedom"......its great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 8:55 pm

Dave..could you tell me please, before I start soldering plugs onto an old sanwa servo to even see if it works..

a] is a sanwa servo compatible with hitec or futaba transmitters, and 

b] all wires on the servo are black except one which has a white stripe running down it...…………

could you please tell me which the black and white one equates to on a modern servo...……..I am trying to find a smaller, but not mini servo to go under the well deck on a gaff rigged yawl that I bought on eBay a few months ago. 

cheers, mate.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 11:03 pm

Here you go, mate. Sanwa = Airtronics
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/10401431-way-do-servos-plug-into-receiver.html#&gid=1&pid=2
Scroll down to the 5th reply for a neat little piccie. The wire with the white stripe is the signal. You need to swap the other two around so that the positive is in the centre. Will be fine with modern gear but you'll probably need to refit the output disc to re-centre it.

Dave M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 12:09 am

thank you my friend....……..I just got home from being dads taxi to both girls, and will try it tomorrow...…….off to bed in a minute, just finishing a refreshing nightcap, lol. 

cheers, neil.
Back to top Go down
raaartygunner
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 8:21 am

inertia wrote:
Here you go, mate. Sanwa = Airtronics
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/beginners-85/10401431-way-do-servos-plug-into-receiver.html#&gid=1&pid=2
Scroll down to the 5th reply for a neat little piccie. The wire with the white stripe is the signal. You need to swap the other two around so that the positive is in the centre. Will be fine with modern gear but you'll probably need to refit the output disc to re-centre it.

Dave M

Thank you very very useful info. Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?   DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS? Empty

Back to top Go down

DAVE MILBOURN.....FANCY THIS?
Page 1 of 1