TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FRACKING!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Well, it has started...… FRACKING!!! Angry2 FRACKING!!! Tickedoff

Fracking began on the outskirts of Blackpool on Thursday 18th October after a 7 year fight to stop it, and at every stage of appeal it was overruled.

in 2015 Sir Nicholas Soames said that fracking would be carried out in low populated areas where upset would be minimal to local population, and stated that because Sussex WHERE HE LIVES, is of high population, it would not be allowed there! I do believe that any part of Lancashire is more densely populated than Sussex, and yet he said that the Trough of Bowland, An extremely beautiful area of natural beauty and well populated by both tourists and sheep, cattle and hill farmers, would be a GOOD PLACE TO START!!!. FRACKING!!! Knuppel2 FRACKING!!! Tickedoff FRACKING!!! Cry1 FRACKING!!! Cry1

Since fracking started full speed on Thursday, 5 days ago the local area, including a WHW Horse sanctuary,  business properties and business offices has been subjected to 5, yes FIVE earthquakes and/or tremors! FRACKING!!! Tickedoff

I am not normally political on this or any other forum, as it is usually a waste of time, because no one ever agrees and we just talk round and round in circles,but it is worth knowing for all those doubters that each of these earthquakes registered on or around 0.3 on the Richter scale meaning that they were fealt above ground as well as below, and by the nature of fracking, WILL only grow worse, to the point of causing structural damage to our homes and businesses.

Unless this evil business of fracking is halted…….any county is fair game...……..object to your MP before this becomes a country wide disaster, AND stop it in your county...…….it might be too late for Lancashire but please safeguard your own.  FRACKING!!! Cry1 FRACKING!!! Cry1 FRACKING!!! Knuppel2 FRACKING!!! Tickedoff FRACKING!!! Tickedoff FRACKING!!! Tickedoff
Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 11:49 pm

UNLIKE ON ANOTHER SITE WHERE THIS THREAD HAS BEEN LOCKED, THIS WILL STAY OPEN UNLESS IT BECOMES INSULTING AND ACHRIMONIOUS.
Back to top Go down
TheLongBuild
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyWed Oct 24, 2018 8:50 pm

I,m sitting on the fence over fracking for the time being. Although obvious the tremors were caused by the operations is it any different to the damage caused over the years by mining.
Local I seem to remember reading about The salt mines in Northwich and the major collapse there.
In a way and hoping that no lives are lost but perhaps a red light seismic event would end it for fracking.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 12:33 pm

I think Larry is right - unfortunately. It will take a newsworthy calamity of undeniable proportions to shake the powers-that-be into realising that this is a dangerous and unnecessary process. Either that or some enterprising soul will find a huge reserve of shale gas right under the shire counties or south of the Thames i.e. prime NIMBY territory. To them it's still flat caps, ferrets and black pudding anywhere north of Watford.
DM
Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Couldn't have worded it better Dave
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Well - that didn't take very long, did it? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-45976219
Still, it's only in Black-Pudding-and-Chips Land so the Westminster Wizards won't bother a great deal.
DM
Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 5:46 pm

now...…..there could be a delicacy in the making...…..black pud AND chips...……...never had them together....perhaps we could sell the idea to those uneducated lot in Westminster...…….or even brussels before we leave, lol.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Black pudding, chips and brussels?? Not sure I could stomach that cocktail.
It would certainly need a hefty slug of JD to wash it down......

OK - GO FOR IT, DAVE!!!

DM
Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

it had to come...…...my daughter was in the bath this evening at around 19.20 when she came downstairs and asked me if I had just slammed the door.....

"no I've been sat here for over an hour and not moved why.?"....

"well I was just in the bath and the bath shook and the water rippled for 2-3 seconds, and I thought it as a door slamming"

......no one lives in the adjoined semi at the moment...…...and all I can say is that the tremors have now spread over 7 miles from the centre of the fracking site...……….this is getting annoying...…..and frightening...….going out tomorrow to take "before" pictures of my castle on castle avenue. Twisted Evil Mad Sad before damage is caused to my property!
Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 2:24 am

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FRACKING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FRACKING!!!   FRACKING!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

FRACKING!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: