TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello everyone....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
helensdad
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am

Hi, I have not long joined the forum, so a bit of info....
I have been playing about with models and modelmaking all my life but seem to have finally settled mostly into model boating, with the odd foray into model engineering. My last big build was The African Queen, steam powered and built on a Kingston Moldings hull. I have a half built Mountfleet Puffer, again, will be steam powered, just need to get it finishes and have had loads of boats that I have bought then sold on after playing with them for a bit. I have not been down to the lake for 18 months or so due to having to visit the daughter in hospital every day, so to amuse myself I bought a 3D printer kit, I was hooked and now have 6!Now daughters arrival home is imminent, I am going to incorporate 3D printing into model boat building. I have a hull and plan for a 105ft MMS, a build blog of which I am about to start in the warships section.It was whilst looking for info on the MMS that I found this forum.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Get cracking lol!

helensdad
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 pm

I have already....
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 9:40 pm

welcome to the site Helensdad. we all hope you have a great time building and posting on our quiet but happy site, and may I also wish your daughter well.

kids are our greatest worry, and as a father of two [ roadrunner many more] we wish you and her well.

happy modelling. 

neil.
Back to top Go down
helensdad
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Many thanks for your kind words Neil.Up until 15 months ago Daughter was a healthy active 28 year-old. Then she had a brain haemorrage. She has been in hospital ever since but she wants out. So she is coming home, luckily she has been granted NHS funded continuing care so she will have 24/7 carers. Such is life, we have to accept our lot and get on with it. Without hobbies such as model boat building and fiddling about with 3d printers I think I would have gone mad, especially in the early days. Having a distraction certainly helps you through times like this.
Back to top Go down

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 10:42 pm

it is a hobby that has brought relief to me from depression for 30 years now,and as you say...…...your thoughts would be otherwise guided to darker places.

I do hope that your daughter improves over time, and wish her well.

enjoy the hobby, and any help we can offer on the building side, don't hesitate to ask.....that's what we are all here for.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello everyone.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone....   Hello everyone.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: