TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

changing frequencies.........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

changing frequencies......... Empty
PostSubject: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 11:38 pm

how hard and expensive is it to change a brand new radio control tx and rx from 75mhz US frequency to 40mhz on a Futaba Attack 4 channel, brand new set...….

I have been given one plus 2 x hitec 2 channel and a futaba 2 channel by a widow of an old friend who bought them all when serving in the merchant Navy as a captain, based out of west coast USA, and died recently from Alhzeimers…...would it be worth having the new but old and unused 4 channel converted if possible.

changing frequencies......... Img_0210
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 12:05 am

You don’t need to convert the 75mhz for boat use Neil...

Believe it or not the FCC regard bandwidths 72.01-72.99 As model aircraft only use...

27mhz-40mhz- and 75mhz are legal to use on ground operated (surface models) rc models....

That is British fcc regulations feel free to google them...

So no conversion of your 75mhz is required if you intend to use on a model boat... In fact 75mhz has better range than 40!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/frequencies.aspx

So well done on getting a free radio set, enjoy!

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 am

cheers mate.....was told that they were illegal for use in this country...…….but hey ho...…...i'll cancel the ebay sale. cheers,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 2:51 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 am

Sorry Aron, but 75Mhz is not permitted in the UK. Your link is an an American site. This is the OFCOM list of frequencies allowed in the UK

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/radio-spectrum-and-the-law/licence-exempt-radio-use/licence-exempt-devices/Radio-controlled-models

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 10:48 am

I guess that’s another example of not believing everything on google! ( to be fair, no where states US rules on that page)

Bad luck I guess, honestly tho I had a 75mhz transmitter many eons ago and had no issues running my model on it...

I guess there is the “law” and I also guess there if the ability to play “dumb” when it comes to using it.

dimtim
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi,

if you know some one with a Ham Licence, they can retune it to 40meg.
Back to top Go down
http://alvastonpiratesmodelboatclub.co.uk/

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 11:51 pm

dimtim wrote:
Hi,

thanks for that information but could you tell me please what a HAM  licence is...….know sod all about these things. many thanks.
Back to top Go down
raaartygunner
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 4:59 am

nhp651 wrote:
dimtim wrote:
Hi,

thanks for that information but could you tell me please what a HAM  licence is...….know sod all about these things. many thanks.
Reckon it is the same as in OZ as being donkeys we usually follow UK practice.
HAM is an abbreviation for an amateur Radio licence. They, HAM operators have a variable frequency radio and aerial  that will transmit and receive to other HAM operators and not just restricted to UK. Depending on the depth of your pockets, determines the size and power of your transmitter/receiver.
Easiest way to find a HAM operator is look out for a huge aerial in the backyard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 7:08 am

My son has a Ham licence back around 1988 I built him a triangle shaped ladder tower 30 ft tall in the backyard of our rented property in Kyneton (Central Victoria Au) he managed to get responses from Canada & USA he was still in college then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changing frequencies.........   changing frequencies......... Empty

Back to top Go down

changing frequencies.........
Page 1 of 1