TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hi from the Fens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi all, 
Aron has just joined me up with some patience as I was going round in circles.  

I'm an ex (now retired) professional modelmaker who now spends Winter doing slot racing and scenic stuff and the Summer doing model boats. I've been a model boater since I was 7, when my Dad's friend gave me a Sea Urchin. I still have it and restored it last year. No RC, original Kako motor, shaft and bent tin prop.

When I was 11 , my Dad went nuts and bought me an Aerokits Crash Tender, which I am now finally finishing! Epoxied it only yesterday.  new cabin parts had to be made to replace some lost in many lofts over the 50 years it's been following me about.

I also have a model of a Victorian Cutter on which I lived for a couple of years. That's been made in Cuban Mahogany from some dining chairs that my Grandad made in the 1920's, but which central heating has not treated kindly.  So I ripped them into 3mm planks and built Vanity out of them to the lines of Clara in Traditions and Memories of American Yachting, a fine book that has a lot about British yachting too.

I also have in the shed a model of a Darby One Design stepped race boat from Oulton Broad pre-War (1/6th scale), a Greavette race boat and a Sea Hornet being made into a Chris Craft Special Raceboat, a lesser barrelback, if you like.  In the loft is also a Veron Veronica, waiting for a servo to go steering only and a vintage Marblehead which was found in a loft in Sth. London.

I guess you could say I'm a busy lad.  
Trouble is, no clubs round here despite all the water that surrounds us in these parts.

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:05 pm

welcome to the site Martin.

it looks as though we are going to have plenty to look at once you've got your bearings...…..we love plenty of photos , so don't be shy get posting.

neil.
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Neil.  It all started with a potentially nasty argument on facebook, but we sorted it all out privately and now all is well.

I think I know how to, post pctures. let's try one.  Sticky "i" on the new keyboard, so excuse the odd missing digit.

Here's some new work on my 54 year old Crash tender which I never have finished!
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Nope, that didn't work. OK, I don't get it and I thought I did. Of course nobody uses Photobucket anymore!

Help!

Martin
Back to top Go down

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 9:37 pm

I can't find the tutorial on how to post photos but someone might....if not i'll write it down and post it tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm

I'd appreciate it, Neil.  Also, why can't we just click on reply under each post instead of having to scroll back to the start of the page to hit Post reply?

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Welcome Martin 
   Let’s see if is works. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Click on this link at it will tell you how to post pictures. Also instead of scrolling to the top of the page to reply to a post, there’s a reply button at the bottom just after the last post
Hope this works Ian
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Yes, I saw that, but it led to me something called, erm...s something that I couldn't get into.  I was sort of hoping it would let me put pictures up like the model boats forum does (used to be the Fireboat forum).
I'm afraid I can't follow all that stuff with the arrows and instructions.

But thanks for pointing out the reply button below. How I never saw that I can't think!

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 11:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well, what do you know, I clicked the right bit that said insert!
Right well, here we are with the Crash Tender being finally finished, 54 years after my dad bought it for me!  Epoxied decks and cabins. Insides are done too.  
Tonight I cleaned it all back to a good surface.  Tomorrow, some necessary filling and rubbing down, then painting begins.

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 pm

I How to upload and post photos tutorial linked here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin

Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 pm

The bit I missed was the insert instruction, but I think it'll have to be single photos per post in future.
Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from the Fens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from the Fens   Hi from the Fens Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from the Fens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: