TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

40MHz transmitter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Hello all
   I’m after a 40 MHz transmitter and receiver. It’s for a skipjack submarine build so I will need at least 4 channels but 6 would be nice. Any ideas where I can pick one up from in England. Been looking on eBay most only 2 or 3 channel Crying or Very sad
Cheers ian
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Ok.... 

With subs your right to go 40mhz, sadly you'll be after a 2nd set, which unless you trust the previouse owner I'd not use a 2nd hand set in my sub..... ever! ( BAD EXPERIANCES WITH 2ND HAND ELECTRONICS) however if you have spent that much time and money on a sub then buying a new 40mhz set would lead you to my personal choice of a robbe navy f14.

However I'm  a cheapass  most of the time and not prepared to fork those prices.... however futaba do a similar model just shy of the £150 Mark.. ...

Maybe worth saving a bit for it rather than 2nd hand after all its your sub sinking to the bottom of the lake indefinitely for a cheap eBay bargain.

https://www.parkersofbolton.co.uk/products/futaba-f14-40mhz-transmitter-with-r168df-receiver-s148-servo-p-cbf14n?CAWELAID=620001070002486813&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=18186045204&CATCI=pla-41499556636&CATARGETID=620001070000102018&cadevice=t&gclid=CjwKCAjwwPfVBRBiEiwAdkM0HdLHcl_cwiKbpJOtjzpAA7BkdYvU58ngFbp2mM-Zjq9Qgzw9iZCoUhoCUOcQAvD_BwE

Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 11:26 pm

I did see that on the web and the one’s on Cornwall model boat site. Parker’s is not that far from me.  Will have to work more hours to pay for it. 
This hobby is going to kill me that are the wife
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 1:12 pm

I look at it like this..... I spent time effort and money on a model, I'll be damned if all that goes to waste on  a cheap control system.

I use the spectrum dx5e primarily and have a decent futaba 4 channel for anything 27mhz like yachts.

I've had my futaba set since 2002 still flawless to this day and spare receivers are £10 new just have to swap crystals, paid £99 for it.

My spectrum I had since it first came out I think it was 2006, it's a 5 channel 2.4 spare receivers still able to be brought new around £15_20 each. I paid a whopping £180 for it then but now you can get them new £60.
On a side note the dx6 came out a month later and I was fuming at the price drop then but that's sods Law!

I did the initial big spends now I just add a receiver to my build budget so I'm not hiking up my builds to much... I also need to point out some boats get retired, or sold after a year or 2 so I'm not always buying extras I have a small reach of spares. ( I never sell boats with electronics in, accept a servo lol)

My point is clear that just buy something new and you know will work from the box... failures after that can only be laid at your own feet to which you won't be kicking yourself wishing you didnt cheapout out on eBay.

To each their own but it takes me so long to finish projects that I'm not going to risk eBay bargains with my work..

Honestly tho £150 is not that bad of a spent for a new 40mhz 6 channel radio and given 2.4 are taking over its harder to find control systems for boats that require sub surface transitions.

Don't get me wrong a 2.4 set will work fine it 99% of boating applications, providing you can keep the receivers wires above the waterline or the boats just big enough to have that dispacmemt for a signal to reach with out penetrating water...

That said I've not tested the latest 2.4 sets out there but I do expect there to be very improvements especially for boating. It may be worth burrowing a friends 2.4 set and try the sub at a distance ( control test with rescue boat) 

And just see if that works... however every sub owner I know tend to lean to the robbe  navy f14 just out of pure no messing about. It just comes with a much higher price tag that £150!

Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 pm

After reading your last post I came to the conclusion what you said was correct. So it was back to the internet to see if there was any good deals.  And the best I could find was at Leeds model shop £186 for the Futaba F14 navy.  With the option to up grade this at a later date to switch between 40MHz and 2.4ghz it was put in the shopping cart. A trip up there today with a promise to the wife she can go to junction 32 shopping outlet, the new radio equipment is now purchased Very Happy

Ian40MHz transmitter B70de010
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Top job, those f14’s can have so many upgrades fitted too!

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/robbe-radio-control-systems.html

So many options !!!

What a Face

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

when you consider that in 1982 when I bought my first 6 channel 27mhz futaba set, it cost me £123.99 from a local hobby shop[ still got the receipt for if anything went wrong] the 186 quid for an F14 is a damned good buy and a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

40MHz transmitter Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40MHz transmitter   40MHz transmitter Empty

Back to top Go down

40MHz transmitter
Page 1 of 1