TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3D printing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

3D printing  Empty
PostSubject: 3D printing    3D printing  EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Treated myself today and got a 3D printer. Spent this sometime reading manual and watching videos on YouTube. Came in a big box which the cats will love. Like normally printers that come with half filled ink cartridges this came with a half filled reel of PLA filament. This to my disappointment was yellow but I'm sure it will paint over. Got some white on order. All the software has been downloaded and installed on laptop. It recommends that the first print is one of there demo prints so I've picked a candle holder taking 1 hour to print. At the moment all seems to be going fine. 

Has anyone had any dealings with 3D printing 

3D printing  Img_0011
Fingers crossed 
Ian
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

3D printing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D printing    3D printing  EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm

Nice bit of kit.....

Hopefully you'll have a good time at it, many don't with constant issues with their prints, from infill issues, to layer qualitys to layers delaminating.

I've not got a printer, frankly they bring out far to many so fast, constantly updated which makes paying for one a pain in the backside knowing if u had waited 3 more days the next version would have had extras at the same price ( much like the iPhone way of thinking)
Buy that said I love the idea of these Machines and have played about with some of the softwares needed to get these running.

There's a whole world of free stuff online you can download to print, believe me I have my own list just waiting for the right time, good luck is all I can say... keep us posted

Imcc
Gunner
Gunner
Imcc

3D printing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D printing    3D printing  EmptyThu Jun 29, 2017 9:10 pm

First print is a holder for speed controller. Came out a little bit on the tight side but nothing file couldn't sort out. I have made changes to to program and made a copy of the opposite hand. Missed the holes for the screws that hold the switch will put them in by hand. All in all I'm happy with the outcome. The software is a bit tricky. It's all measured with xyz hence me drilling holes for switch but in time i will get use to this. 
3D printing  Img_0012
Ian
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

3D printing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D printing    3D printing  EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 11:24 am

2thumbsup

Sponsored content

3D printing  Empty