TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

happy birthday, ken

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

happy birthday, ken Empty
PostSubject: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 4:24 pm

happy birthday ken.......hope its a good one and many more to come.

neil and the crew.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Thank you Neil. 

I had a big  McDonalds followed by shopping for timber and home sleep it off.   Cool

I am building the Queen Mary and it's taking a fair bit of wood  !!

cheers

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 8:47 pm

what size is she, ken. did you see the one for sale on ebay the last couple of weeks.............boy was I tempted, but still have to finish the ferry lol.,
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:20 pm

No I'm afraid I didn't see that one.

I am attempting the build in 1:200 scale which makes the model just over 5 foot long.  I did start by working from photographs as per my usual style but something went wrong with my calculations and I made her too fat amidships.

On acquiring the drawings, I ran the freshly constructed hull through the bandsaw and wept a little.  However....... there is hope,  as I decided to reframe her to the correct width and hopefully use the planked side pieces that I can salvage.

Onwards and upwards, I have started on the frames and laid them on the keel and she looks about right now.

I even had two tubes of wood glue for my birthday present from my Missis. 
 She obviously wants me out of the way lol!

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Happy Birthday Ken 

Dave
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 am

happy birthday, ken HBSmileyBalloonsSparkle1_zpsff511a0b  Happy belated Birthday Ken.  happy birthday, ken HBSmileyBalloonsSparkle1_zpsff511a0b

Have you any photo's to share on here or could you possibly start build blog on here please, I'm sure lots of us would love to have a look, me especially as the Great Lakes freighter I am building is 1:200 scale, it would be good to see how the smaller parts are tackled.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 10:00 am

Cheers Paul.  twas a great time.  Had a great time and a good sleep....... Cool

Our scale choice off 1:200 is indeed quite small although looking at the growing hull and structure, you never give a thought to the size of the tiny people yet to step aboard.  The top decks are indeed going to be small to work on as I've learnt from my  'Titanic'  build I did once.  I'm hoping it's going to be a 'sitting down job' when I get to fitting her out.

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: happy birthday, ken   happy birthday, ken Empty

Back to top Go down

happy birthday, ken
Page 1 of 1