TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tears in my eyes tonight.......

Go down 
AuthorMessage

tears in my eyes tonight....... Empty
PostSubject: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 2:05 am

and they are still flowing........

my daughter who is 19 joined the merchant navy as a cadet deck officer on a sponsored degree course in January, after a tough time at school being laughed at by the head teacher in year 10 for telling him and the careers officer she wanted to be a ships captain she strived to raise her c grade in maths to a distinction level and gain a sponsorship to get it at Fleetwood nautical college.

because we are bound by the OSA, I cannot say anymore except that we watched her blacked out ship set sail from a port in the UK tonight LIKE A GHOST SHIP on an 8 week voyage to somewhere west of the UK, and my god did it make me feel proud, knowing that she'll be doing her first bridge watch duty for real later today.......

having a beer or two tonight to stifle the tears................missing her already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 2:35 am

How's she going Neil?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 1:18 pm

was a bit queezy first night as she was rolling a bit in a fresh 4-5, but soon got her sea legs....she's a natural sailor.......she keeps in touch with her younger sister but dad doesn't matter lol.....been doing her bridge watch keeping with the senior crew including the master , 4hours on, 4 off.....so they are working her well.and she is absolutely loving it. half way across the atlantic by now.

neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Good on her she's on a good looking ship mate. 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 2:20 pm

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup .......up close, they have a lot of top hamper, hense the rolling...............but good found ships, and well built......i'm happy with her lot. lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tears in my eyes tonight.......   tears in my eyes tonight....... Empty

Back to top Go down

tears in my eyes tonight.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: