TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What to do with this

Go down 
AuthorMessage

What to do with this Empty
PostSubject: What to do with this   What to do with this EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Ok any idea what this hull is....having searched the net looking at Models by Design/Orion Mouldings and Kingstone mouldings for any clues I have come up Blankety Blank so to speak.....the Hulll used to be around 20mm longer ad sloped down towards the stern....I have cut this bit out so I can fit a shaft with a 60mm 4 bladed prop I am thinking a Trawler of sorts  it is 36ins in length with a beam of 12ins...any BRIGHT ideas on what it may be...Catherine want a PINK boat....daddy says no HA HA

What to do with this IMG_1952_zpshlq325xm

What to do with this IMG_1953_zps8ryrpwm5

What to do with this IMG_1957_zpsginqfuha

What to do with this IMG_1954_zpsnx3cpbbj

What to do with this IMG_1951_zps1vz0ztat

What to do with this IMG_1956_zpsg5jffebp

Dave
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

PostSubject: hull   What to do with this EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 1:37 am

Hi Stavros,
I dont know exactly what hull it is but it appears to me to be one of the chap from Cornwall (not me!!!) Who sells on E bay? His advert usually shows a female holding the model up? He had in the past sold model Cygnus hulls, to the annoyance of Andy,who I believe has the sole right to produce them.
Cheers,
Mick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do with this   What to do with this EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm

actually Mick........Models by design as I have perceived, doesn't have the sole rights to market every Cygnus boat.

the moulds for Cygnus ( so the story goes ) were sold off by auction in job lots , and some were sold  to different buyers who paid a higher price......which is what auctions are for, than what Mr Grigg wanted to pay.

but I agree with your point that it does look like one of the hulls that this other company produces.........it looks as though it could be turned into any sort of fast patrol boat with that flair on the bow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with this   What to do with this Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: General Modelling :: General Modelling Questions-
Jump to: