TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty
PostSubject: HMS ILLUSTRIOUS   HMS ILLUSTRIOUS EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 12:10 am

Took delivery last week,of a part built model of the Lusty.What a challenge she is going to be! It is safely stored in my main shed,and will be a winter project ,once any incidental repairs have been made to my model Lifeboats that I am normally associated with!
I must say, member Carlmt,on here,brought her down for me,and having known him for a while,on another forum,it was good to meet up with him,and his good lady,on his fleeting visit! However we did promise them some Hevva Cake,and they both seemed to enjoy it!I promise once I do start on the refurbishing and adding all the parts,I will do a sort of build log on here,of progress made,should anyone be interested.
So hopefully,after the Warwick Show,my last of the year,I will be able to make a start on Lusty.
Mick F
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMS ILLUSTRIOUS   HMS ILLUSTRIOUS EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 10:22 am

battleshipbuff wrote:
,I will do a sort of build log on here,of progress made,should anyone be interested.

Yes please, I love to learn from others, being fairly new to model boats it is always good to see how folk do things.

Any chance of some photo's of project as is please 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
battleshipbuff
Gunner
Gunner

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMS ILLUSTRIOUS   HMS ILLUSTRIOUS EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorry Paul,
Only just seen your reply! When I can get it out of the shed I will certainly post some photos of as she is.It is needing a lot of work,and after I have repaired all the ravages of this years exhibitions on my model Lifeboats,ready for next years fundraising for the RNLI,I hope to make a start on Lusty.Just hoping my hip replacement will take place soon,so that I can do some modelling while laid up for the 6 weeks they say!
Mick
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMS ILLUSTRIOUS   HMS ILLUSTRIOUS EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:47 pm

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your reply, no problem, I just like to watch other folk doing things there way so as to get more ideas to help me with my modelling. I will soon be back on with my two builds as the autumn sets in and will be posting their progress in their respective blogs Thumbup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HMS ILLUSTRIOUS   HMS ILLUSTRIOUS Empty

Back to top Go down

HMS ILLUSTRIOUS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories & Archived Build Logs :: Military - Naval - Warships-
Jump to: