TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours Empty
PostSubject: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:54 am

This is how I wile away winter inside the house I started this painting 2yrs ago.

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours DSCF3787.2_zpszv1ozxmb

What do the rest of our crew of modellers do to wile away the Winter hours?
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 8:53 am

Very nice Damien 2thumbsup

Now for me the winter time is the best time for me to do my model boats 2thumbsup I have a nice warm place to work in.

The stuff I have to much of to do in the summer is the garden, classic cars and other things that need mending, making or restoring.

For me it's probably the opposite to most folk it seems.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 9:50 am

lol! lol!  Have no grass just chip bark about 40 - 300mm pots full of bulbs self sufficient except daily watering Spring & Summer and my association with cars ended after finishing the Renault R10 Racing Sport sedan R18 front end and G/box in the rear for fully independent suspension, Supercharged Fuel and Water injection 680kg 160Hp took it for 3 laps of near by Morwell Hill-climb.
When finished Heart beat was pounding on my lower spine.

Sold it & home built tandem trailer a week later.
Major reminder by my body of why Gov't put me on Disability pension.
Thoroughly enjoyed the build and did it because a know it all car club member said it couldn't be done.
Was a major BUZZZZZZ for 3 laps at least, here's a pic.

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours Fg41

Ps: double click on the pic to browse the folder it also has my blue R8 and the rubish paint as it was when conned by my boss to buy it from him back in 1972

Last edited by Damien on Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:39 am

Interesting stuff there Damien, I like to see how folk achieve this sort of project. It must have taken a lot of effort and time thinking it out even before you started the project. 2thumbsup

In the Austin A30/A35 club we have quite a few who modify their cars. One chap has turbo charged his 1275cc A35 and does regular hill climbs with good success. We also now have a race A35 Academy Class scroll down the link page to find out more   2thumbsup http://www.moto-build.com/academy_mbr.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Super little cars bought back memories of Dad having an A40 Countryman many a w/end spent helping him change bottom end bearings really were not meant to transport mum, dad and 5 kids only 2 seats lol 1957 at a guess.

Forgot to put on first post R16TS engine 1675cc with blower it put it in 2600cc class and had a Dizzy to suit race cam & blower 26deg static advance I really hated selling it but what's the point if I couldn't drive it.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 pm

I guess you can't keep everything, I have more projects than time left to do them in, I'm sure, but hey ho I'll give it a go because I don't want get rid of any of it yet.

Yeah small Austin's are great 2thumbsup

I know a chap local that has a Renault Gordini, 1960's I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:38 pm

That'd be a 4 head light R8 Gordini mine was a '65 model first issue was '64
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:41 pm

It's the more rounded in shape than your one, if you know what I mean...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Ok the Dauphine Gordini the I'm not sure If the did the little 750 as a G or not.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 3:31 pm

You certainly know a lot more than me about these cars lol! I know not a lot, I'm learning all the time 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Not only are you guys good modellers, but painters /artists, mechanics and car restorers as well..............I admire you for that.

hopefully one day I'll have had enough scratch building to sell all my gear, turn to a kit build now and then and concentrate on restoring an old Beeza.........and cars...........well I like to buy them with all the hard work and expense done for me............so here's no my next MG, lol

enjoy your classics guys..........better than money in the bank.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

nhp651 wrote:

concentrate on restoring an old Beeza.........

I have two Bantams that need restoring Very Happy if you need one 2thumbsup Well three actually but I am keeping the easy restoration for me.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 pm

I started my riding career back in 1967 on a D3 bantam...................a great little bike...........but sadly I doubt whether one would carry my weight anymore, lol.........think my buttocks would drape over the saddle too far and get trapped between the swinging arm and the wheel, lol........

I'd love an A10/A7 though and swap one of my lifeboats for one quite happily., lol.
Back to top Go down
carlmt
Midshipman
Midshipman
carlmt

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 pm

troutrunner wrote:
nhp651 wrote:

concentrate on restoring an old Beeza.........

I have two Bantams that need restoring Very Happy if you need one 2thumbsup Well three actually but I am keeping the easy restoration for me.............

An old Bantam!!!!! My first ever motorcycle.  A 175 if I recall. Wine red.  Would love to secrete one in the workshop for a winter project....... Now, how can I sneak one in without the misses finding out.............
Back to top Go down
http://www.linkspanmodels.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

Second painting finished a Bomber this time just finished for the warmer weather.

The Bomber is finished weather is warming end of art until next winter.

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours Bomber_zpsymkkzjin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:56 am

brilliant, Damien............

I do wish I could paint...........would love to be able to capture scenes such as that.......

sadly always been just too impatient to let one set of colours dry before laying on the next layer........with usual childlike mistakes and results.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 am

The acrylic paints dry within minutes and there were ooh darn @#*! moments where I applied paint in wrong spots a few days short of 2 months work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do to wile away winter indoor hours   What to do to wile away winter indoor hours Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do to wile away winter indoor hours
Page 1 of 1