TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Posts per page

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

Posts per page Empty
PostSubject: Posts per page   Posts per page EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:25 am

Ok, this is the right place for suggestions Thumbup

Most forums that I frequent have less posts per page than 50 as on here, typically 10 is best (in my opinion), it does create more pages but I don't think it takes much more web space if any. What it does is it helps you direct folk to a specific post more easily and makes it easier to find a post yourself on other peoples blogs, instead of having to trawl through fifty posts, especially when folk put on lots of photy's as I do. Just something for you to consider, it would also be good if any other forum users put their thoughts on this on here too.
Thanks for listening,
Paul.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

Posts per page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts per page   Posts per page EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:06 am

What i'll do Trout is leave the post up and allow other users to have their say about this and we'll make a decision based on other members feedback.

The only though i have about smaller posts per page is given some build logs are enormous photo blogs, Neil, Damien, Barriew, intrepid75, myself, yourself to name a few who do such blogs on here, the pages could be upwards of 20+ pages to scroll through, which doesn't cause any harm nor dose it cost anymore on web space, storage or server loads, to me it seams like a lot of pages that we don't need to have. but that's just my though. as always the forum adjusts to how its users wish to see it, so i will let others have their say and we'll go from the general feedback on this.

RR

Posts per page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts per page   Posts per page EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:44 am

I tend to agree with you Aron we do sprout on a bit with long blogs:lol!:

Personally I feel the higher page limit is better however we seem to have 8 to 10 daily log ins it'll be interesting to see how the other members feel about it.

Damien.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Posts per page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts per page   Posts per page EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 pm

I see no problem with the current set up. Yes you have more scrolling, but that is quicker than loading pages.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Posts per page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posts per page   Posts per page Empty

Back to top Go down

Posts per page
Page 1 of 1