TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From Hull to Fraternity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

From Hull to Fraternity Empty
PostSubject: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Lads

I just thought I'd post up the hulls etc that I plan to get some experience on....... and of course get to know you all better in the process of fixing them.

Currently it's a reworking of a Hale's Spraymaster that I'm learning on. Then in the shed there's a red ebay hull (£15), a green ebay hull (£21). Yesterday evening I went out to buy an old Vosper Rescue and Target Towing Launch (No RC gear) and came back with that plus a Precedent Huntsman 31 in a bit of state - but then that's what I need - stuff to work on. At £30 for a seventies Huntsman (inc' paperwork) I was very pleased. The guy selling was very helpful and he loaded me up with extra stuff and info. He even pointed out the errors/omissions on the Vosper to be improved upon. All in all I'm happy with my little fleet of work to do. I'm buying no more huls until they are all done. I'm really looking forward to (even excited by) the Huntsman but not keen on the flexishaft idea. Sorry but I am a bit short on photos until I get a new camera but please see these.

From Hull to Fraternity 00910

From Hull to Fraternity Red210

From Hull to Fraternity 51969010

From Hull to Fraternity P1011610

From Hull to Fraternity Preced10

From Hull to Fraternity Preced11

Anyway lads I just thought I'd share the work ahead.

Regards Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 pm

you have a fine group of hulls there............they'll give a great deal of pleasure to you.

keep us posted on them as you progress, matey.

neil.
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Plenty to do there mate, like the vosper target launch, nice boat.

Alan
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Yes the Vosper will be nice. The Huntsman will give me more to play with though. Any opinion on flexishafts lads?
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm

The only flexi shafts used at our club are on the fast electric boats and they seem to have nothing but trouble with them, if it was my boat I would turn it back to ordinary prop shaft.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Alan
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Yep - although I don't know much it just seems so wrong to introduce stress needlessly. I just wanted some experienced opinion Alan - thanks

Dave
Back to top Go down
AlanP
Master
Master
AlanP

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm

I think you have got too much work on with all them there boats, might be a good idea to let me have the Huntsman, less stress for you then Very Happy

Alan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I've never used them dave, so can't comment, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Norseman
Master
Master
Norseman

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Alan you are right of course, far too much work on. I'll have to go on the sick for a few months:cheers:

I'll look out for a Huntsman for you.

Neil, I am not surprised you haven't used one - but if you did -----

would it have exposed shafts? (Oh, the Devil made me ask Rolling Eyes)

Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:47 pm

yeh.........probably on the inside.........lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Hull to Fraternity   From Hull to Fraternity Empty

Back to top Go down

From Hull to Fraternity
Page 1 of 1