TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm going AWOL!!!!!

Go down 
+3
JoJoElbe
Fred 1948
barriew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

I'm going AWOL!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 6:25 pm

As from Monday I will be missing from the Forum for at least three weeks. I am going into hospital to have a fairly major operation. Roadrunner (Aron) will be looking after you while I'm away.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Fred 1948
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Fred 1948

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 6:36 pm

Hope it all goes well for you, will be thinking of you,

Fred
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:03 pm

good luck and all the best!
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:58 pm

All the best for your recovery Barrie keep your eye off the nurses!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 6:52 am

Hi Swab - I'll be quite near your sailing water as I'm going to be in the The Royal Orthopedic Hospital in Northfield. Don't think I'll get any sailing though Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 5:32 pm

Yep just up the road from Bournville Pool the hospital is opposite my turn off the main drag towards home, I'll be thinking of you as I pass.
Back to top Go down
StoneRoad
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
StoneRoad

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 2:58 pm

Hope all went [& is still going] well
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:01 pm

Well, the 3 weeks turned into 8+ and unfortunately the operation was not a success so I have many more weeks or months of trying to get mobile again. Currently can only shuffle along with a gutter frame.
I will be dipping into the forum occasionally, but no building or sailing for me.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 9:04 pm

It's still nice to hear from you though even if it's not all rosy. Was it eight weeks in Birmingham Orthopeadic?
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 11, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi Swab - no. About 6 weeks there then I got a transfer to my local re-hab hospital about 7 miles away. Made life much easier for the family.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Swab
Master
Master
Swab

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 3:01 pm

6 weeks is enough you are an honorary brummie now get your car headlights changed for LED bulbs brighter than the sun and wear your baseball cap backwards!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 11:01 pm

Welcome back bud, glad all is well.

Regard RR

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: I though it would never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:28 am

Well yesterday I actually went into my workshop for the first time since January 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 
I didn't do anything but just getting there was an achievement. For quite some time I thought it would not be possible, but I did it. I still cannot walk without a frame, but at least I can now negotiate steps Thumbup
I hope to restart making again soon. I have two ideas. Firstly I bought a Mantua Capri just before I went into hospital, secondly I have long wanted to build one of Dave Milbourn's Fairey Marine designs, so I may buy one of those kits from SLEC - watch this space!

Barrie
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 5:24 pm

hi barrie,  2thumbsup

glad to hear you are making progress. missed all your build blogs . I haven't touched my boats for over 18 months i had a break down. i have the the shakes  now when doing detailed work. i don't have the mojo any more hope to some day. who said life begins when you retire.

david
Back to top Go down
JoJoElbe
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 5:39 pm

Hi Barrie,
all the best and further good recovery.
Nice to hear that you're back 'to work' Very Happy
Joerg
Back to top Go down
http://modellwerft.spuelsaum.de/
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Thanks to all for the good wishes. 
Sorry to hear of your problems David - hope you can get the mojo back. It is pretty miserable when you don't feel like doing anything as I found out.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm going AWOL!!!!!   I'm going AWOL!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm going AWOL!!!!!
Page 1 of 1