TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
firefighter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
firefighter

Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build Empty
PostSubject: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Hello,

I am new to the forum and also new to RC model building. I have just started my first project which is Aeronautical's Cabin Cruiser Diva. 

I am not sure how to proceed with one of the early stages of building the hull so if anyone has built this model could they please contact me as I need some help to understand
one of the build instructions.

Regards, Greg

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Hi Greg,
I have not built this model before but I can help with any build.
I can send you a Private message if you like.

Martin555.
Back to top Go down
firefighter
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
firefighter

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Martin555 wrote:
Hi Greg,
I have not built this model before but I can help with any build.
I can send you a Private message if you like.

Martin555.
Hello Martin,

Thanks for the offer of help.

Yes, a PM would be good. But I have to go out shortly and won't be back to later. 

To help matters I would need to take some pictures of the hull and copy the instruction sheet were I am uncertain what I have to do
so I can attach them to my reply to your PM. That I can't do until tomorrow. If that's okay if you want to PM me now to make the contact I'll get back to you.

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 2:14 pm

A quick PM sent.
Back to top Go down
vigo
Gunner
Gunner
vigo

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 4:08 pm

That's a nice little kit. I enjoyed building it and I don't recall having any insurmountable probems with it. A couple of small niggly ones but nothing too serious. There are plenty of build blogs on the net to help you if you need them.

Mine:
Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build Diva
...last seen whizzing around Chorlton water park in Manchester in the company of my mad Russian friend.

Welcome to the fold btw.

Martin555 and RADSWOODCREATIONS like this post

Back to top Go down
vigo
Gunner
Gunner
vigo

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 4:25 pm

At the risk of getting my wrist smacked for advertising another forum (no, not that one), this might be useful to you.

Diva by Aeronaut (and me...) - RC Groups

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 6:13 pm

Hi Vigo - we're the friendly forum - we acknowledge that there are others out there (even that one). 

I like your Diva. I've only seen it in varnished wood form - this looks much more classy. We use one of these as our 'have a go' boat at open days. It was built by one of our members who is no longer with us.

Barrie

Martin555 and firefighter like this post

Back to top Go down
RADSWOODCREATIONS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 12:06 pm

Hi
I love the revised colour scheme for the Diva - I am just about to start building one and would appreciate any advice on motor and ESC spec for the Diva - I am very new to this and would love any help available
Dave
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 2:08 pm

I would suggest a 385 size motor and a 20 amp ESC running on a 7.2 volt NiMh. You could also consider brushless as an option.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
RADSWOODCREATIONS
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 3:03 pm

Hi Barrie’s
Thank you
I have a Tornado Thumper V3 2836/08 1120kv and a 3s Lipo 2200mah battery available - would that do the job or would it be overkill? I am also planning to upgrade the prop shaft from the original - it looks like it may have a slight kink in it straight from the box. Would a 35mm prop be ok? 2 or 3 blade?
Thanks again 
Dave
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 9:26 am

Dave I think 3S might be a bit much, although you don't have to use full throttle Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Not sure about the prop size but I would stick with 3 blades, 2 are more for high speeds.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build   Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Aeronautical Cabin Cruiser Diva Kit Build
Page 1 of 1