TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to both boats and radio control

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hayfield
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

New to both boats and radio control Empty
PostSubject: New to both boats and radio control   New to both boats and radio control EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 5:15 pm

I am an active railway modeller, but ever since 60+ years ago when my neighbour has a radio controller RAF tender I have always fancied having a radio controlled boat

We moved house 6 years ago and in a local park (5 miles away) there is a large boating lake. This year when the family asked what I wanted for my birthday my reply was a radio controlled yacht. Other activities take up my modelling time so it was a case of a ready to use boat. Well after several hours its now ready to sail but I can see a few questions, 

Mainly being a 1 meter class removing the sails and mast will make it easier to transport and store, the cleats supplied are cheap and not very user friendly so I am up for some advice, my local R/C shop is more into planes and cars so a supplier of R/C yacht parts is required, plus any advice will be well received

Martin555 likes this post

Back to top Go down
vigo
Gunner
Gunner
vigo

PostSubject: Re: New to both boats and radio control   New to both boats and radio control EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 6:00 pm

There's plenty about on the internet but local? Depends where you are. 

Is the Hayfield monicker a clue?

Back to top Go down
Hayfield
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: New to both boats and radio control   New to both boats and radio control EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 8:02 am

vigo wrote:
There's plenty about on the internet but local? Depends where you are. 

Is the Hayfield monicker a clue?

vigo

Simply a log on name I used on one site I started to use and it is part of the street name where I lived

As for what I am calling cleats looks nothing like those when I do a quick search, I appreciate the yacht I have bought is made to a price and these seem to be a bit of a pain to clip on and off

Back to top Go down
Martin555
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Martin555

PostSubject: Re: New to both boats and radio control   New to both boats and radio control EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 1:00 pm

Hayfield wrote:
I am an active railway modeller, but ever since 60+ years ago when my neighbour has a radio controller RAF tender I have always fancied having a radio controlled boat

We moved house 6 years ago and in a local park (5 miles away) there is a large boating lake. This year when the family asked what I wanted for my birthday my reply was a radio controlled yacht. Other activities take up my modelling time so it was a case of a ready to use boat. Well after several hours its now ready to sail but I can see a few questions, 

Mainly being a 1 meter class removing the sails and mast will make it easier to transport and store, the cleats supplied are cheap and not very user friendly so I am up for some advice, my local R/C shop is more into planes and cars so a supplier of R/C yacht parts is required, plus any advice will be well received
Hi Hayfield.
Firstly I would like to welcome you to this site.

Unfortunately I do not know much about sail boats but I have been model making for many many years (RC and Static) and if I can help then I will do my best to help.

Could you post some photos to show us what you are looking for.

Here is a link that shows you how to post photos to this site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ModelShipways likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to both boats and radio control   New to both boats and radio control Empty

Back to top Go down

New to both boats and radio control
Page 1 of 1