TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  Empty
PostSubject: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 am

My current model is a resurrected model part built [ poorly] ten years ago and then left in a box .
I was told about it and collected it for a fee and then set about trying to build a boat with most of the kit missing , a set of plans [ inFrench] and a picture of what she should look like ....so a challenge! 

Made the missing bits detailed on the plans and after 8 months very hard work finished a half decent sailing model which is teaching me the art of sailing .

A member [well known to you all] took a picture of  her  for which I am grateful but it appears to be to large to display , but there you go I will try again later and post it [hopefully] Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 8:19 pm

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  53b50610

This is the same model as mine but this is NOT the one I completed  , sadly I still cant get a picture small enough to upload Rolling Eyes

I will have to speak nicely to our Moderator who may have a photo of her from a recent visit to our club site Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 8:33 pm

Here you go Ivor.

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  Img_2106

If you use the image hosting provided on the site there are no size limits. Run your cursor over the icons and select Host an Image. There are instructions here
https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/t39-uploading-photo-s-tutorial-update-june-2016

Barrie
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 12:48 pm

Thank you Barrie , have tried this format with varying degrees of success , so it may still be pilot error ,

None of  the less thanks again for taking the time to illustrate the system , could it be a case of    "OLD DOGS"   and  " NEW TRICKS "  Embarassed
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 6:11 pm

Ivor

I can't do anymore without one of the files that failed to load. Were you trying to upload more than one photo at a time.

If the weather allows I will be at Cawcutts on Sunday an we can talk then.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyWed Jun 16, 2021 7:43 pm

No just the one Barrie , and " God willing"  I will be there on Sunday ,and look forward to seeing you again ......and again my thanks for your efforts which is appreciated very much ....2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 9:11 pm

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  C0854b10
Forgive this surfeit of photo's but trying out a suggestion to post pics Thumbup
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 9:15 pm

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  A600ab10
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyMon Jun 21, 2021 9:18 pm

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  Caf44410
Well that went well but not sure why Embarassed   but thank you Barrie , we will have to meet by lake with my iPad / phone and see if it is me or a cure 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 12:25 pm

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  13d39a11
New Sails ........made some new sails over the weekend [ forgive the background ] but not sure if the spacing between the fore sail and the bowsprit is right , so will have to try them out and see  Wink

Swab likes this post

Back to top Go down
ivorthediver
Midshipman
Midshipman
ivorthediver

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 7:49 pm

The new sails worked well but I had to alter the rigging a tad so that the bowsprit sail filled easier and what a difference in performance it made , so the change was worth the effort and the new sails stand out well and it is easier to see her direction of travel  at distance Thumbup

Needless to say I will do the same sail colour in the Schooner in progress .

thanks for looking in .......

Fred 1948 and Swab like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged    CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged  Empty

Back to top Go down

CAP Sizun Brittany lobster Gaff rigged
Page 1 of 1