TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Empty
PostSubject: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 11:19 am

yet another one to get my teeth into in the new year...……….

will the collection ever cease...……...

not till i'm 6 foot under,

just bought this model from ebay……….the semi kit of the Tyne class lifeboat...….possibly the last one existing, as I believe the fittings kit is no longer produced by Mountfleet models. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/radio-controlled-Tyne-Class-Lifeboat-1-12-/333375608751?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Imp%252FQr3HKF3fyb3tInBBB%252Bu0rl8%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Last edited by nhp651 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 12:34 pm

But its a kit Neil Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 4:34 pm

barriew wrote:
But its a kit Neil Rolling Eyes

Barrie

oh I don't mind kits mate...…….was a kit basher for a good few years reviewing them for model boats, radio control boat modeller and marine modelling international...…….

nwt wrong with kits.....…….and always used to give a positive critique of them ………….only ever dwelt on the bad parts of them to say how they could overcome the negative sides...……….never ever slagged a model kit off until I built a model submarine that was crap...………….and even then I tried to bring out the positive parts of it which were few, lol.

I have always had [ from my grand father] that if ii couldn't do better, then don't sling mud at the designer/builder...………...unlike some people that have risen recently  clouded in their own egotistical majesty...………...I shall go no further.

just to say I love kits, and probably built more Calder craft and mountfleet models in past and present ownership[p than I care to think .

I mean what nutter builds 4 imara's from CC and mountfleet in a lifetime...……….you'd think i'd get it right in the end,  lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 1:13 am

been a change in plans, and the Tyne will be put on a back burner as plans have been changed through somewhat surreal but very pleasant circumstances. 

well, I had a lovely morning chatting with my friend yesterday.

and it was a day of wonderful surprize and treats!

I went to see an old friend of mine of 40 or more years, Ian Fairclough, ex staff coxs'n and Fleetwood Coxs'n of the RNLI, HE IS  retired these days, and I took my Shannon lifeboat to show him 

We had a lovely chat for a couple of hours, putting the world and lifeboats to rights......and a few good laughs in those 2 hours of times gone past, drinking together and the odd sail on the old Waveney Lifeboat as well.

He then asked me what I was going to build next after the motor sailor that I am building at the moment, and I told him the Tyne class lifeboat RNLB William Street, 47-038 that he was coxs'n on for some time.

He then went up stairs and brought something down from his modelling room and asked me if I could make use of it, and my immediate thoughts were, and I didn't want to lead Ian on and I said no...…..he chatted to me and said, "take it, you can have it on permanent loan, so long as you give it good thought and put it to use in one of your models."

I thought for much of the day and then had an ingenious idea.........I wanted to put it into a lifeboat affiliated model.....
So what did Ian present me with, but what model did I come up with to give this item room and space to do it justice.

Well, the boat I have decided next to build and put the Tyne on a back burner is...…...the RNLB Helen Peele, designated as a lifeboat because of her ON Number, but a steam lifeboat tug based in Padstow, Cornwall.

so what did Ian present to me on loan this morning..... the "steam" part of the boats description should give you the answer...…..Ian gave me a beautiful Cheddar Steam plant with Cheddar Gemini twin cylinder side valve engine complete with reversing gear, boiler, gas tank, condenser and piping...…..

I was gob smacked......so that will be my next project.

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Hp110

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Hp210

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3522

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3523

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3524

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3525

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3526

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3528

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Img_3527
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 2:21 pm

The green eyed jelly monster comes out every time I see a steam engine 😂 looking forward to thy is one Neil.... add video when the engines running that always gives me a cheap thrill 😉

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 3:27 pm

I certainly will Aron.....…….I was gobsmacked when ian almost insisted that I take it away with me...…...I have to find plans for the Helen Peele yet, but there are some available i'm almost sure. 

once I find them and finish the two boats i'm building at the moment i'll get started...……...usual scenario...……..build a plug and take moulds.
Back to top Go down
gribeauval
Master
Master
gribeauval

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 4:41 pm

nhp651 wrote:
I certainly will Aron.....…….I was gobsmacked when ian almost insisted that I take it away with me...…...I have to find plans for the Helen Peele yet, but there are some available i'm almost sure. 

once I find them and finish the two boats i'm building at the moment i'll get started...……...usual scenario...……..build a plug and take moulds.

If you do then I want a copy please. I have had no luck searching for them over the past couple of years mate!!!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 4:48 pm

i'll try my best me lud!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 11:14 pm

aron, if you want a bit of an orgasm....watch this       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqQl-UxTlg&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat    RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat Empty

Back to top Go down

RNLI HELEN PEELE....another lifeboat
Page 1 of 1