TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HITEK LASER 4 FAULT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

HITEK LASER 4 FAULT Empty
PostSubject: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 4:37 pm

This one is for the genius from Action

I have a hitek laser 4 and a matching hitek receiver......last time I used it...….was all working fine [two or more years ago]

came to set it up today for a sail and...….

receiver totally dead...…...tried it with working tx's and multiple sets of crystals....no output at all.

the transmitter was set up on channel 1 as a tester, and there was just a wobble on the servo I had been using to test all receivers...………

I used the adjuster on channel one and the servo arm would rotate by 90* when on the adjuster but nothing on the stick...….tried it on channel 2 and it did the same...……

the mixer switch was in off position, but I tried switching it to elevon...…..nothing, and the other way to mixer...….nothing.

the battery was 90% charged, but I also put a new set of none rechargeable new batteries in......just the same..

is it worth having repaired or just take the batteries and holder out and ditch the thing in the bin...….oh by the way its a 40mhz set, not a 27mhz or 2.4 ghz set.

if you are reading Dave, me ol' chum...…...please give me some aid...……..I'm sinking in my own desolation, lol.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Neil, In case DM is still building his new workshop, do I understand you only have one 40Mhz receiver? If not, try the transmitter with another - it shouldn't matter what make as long as its either FM or AM like the transmitter.
The only other suggestion is to check all the pins on the receiver are clean - if its been stored for a couple of years they may be corroded.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:58 pm

barriew wrote:
Neil, In case DM is still building his new workshop, do I understand you only have one 40Mhz receiver? If not, try the transmitter with another - it shouldn't matter what make as long as its either FM or AM like the transmitter.
The only other suggestion is to check all the pins on the receiver are clean - if its been stored for a couple of years they may be corroded.

Barrie
no mate...…..I have 3 fully working ones, and this one.....also have 3 other working transmitters, and this duff one...…...but neither the duff tx or rx will work with working ones...…….cross tested them with the good ones almost for two hours, both with rechargeable and alkaline AA's  and just the same results on both the duff tx and rx…...and all the crystals work with the working sets......so not the crystals either as I tried the 4 sets in the duff set.
Back to top Go down
inertia
Midshipman
Midshipman
inertia

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 6:39 pm

Neil
This needs some serious TLC above and beyond my pay grade. This is the go-to guy in my contacts list http://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/servicing/
It will cost you tens of pounds. If you can't be bothered then dump the thing, but I'd contact Mike if I were you - it's his area of expertise.
Dave M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 pm

inertia wrote:
Neil
This needs some serious TLC above and beyond my pay grade. This is the go-to guy in my contacts list http://modelradioworkshop.co.uk/servicing/
It will cost you tens of pounds. If you can't be bothered then dump the thing, but I'd contact Mike if I were you - it's his area of expertise.
Dave M
cheers mate.....and thanks for your candour ………...i'll get in touch with him and see what he says, but if as you say it might cost tens of pounds it might at the end of the day just be a bin job...…….and look for another one on ebay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 pm

sent him an email Dave saying exactly what I put above...………..see what he says.cheers, neil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HITEK LASER 4 FAULT   HITEK LASER 4 FAULT Empty

Back to top Go down

HITEK LASER 4 FAULT
Page 1 of 1