TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New workshop coming soon!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 pm

If you ever watch my build logs you know when I get into it the mess builds rapidly!!!

I’m hoping a new custom workshop may help me keep things tidy for once, break some bad habits of not giving a fish while I work “everything has a place and kept in its place”

I hope!

I have also installed the table saw I just need to make its runners for the fence etc which I’ll make up in the next few weeks but besides that today I’m starting to sort out the stuff from the house which should be fun I always find the things I was missing when I clean up!

Anyway some photos of the saw fitted... its missing its vibration seal and bolts as I’ve left it just loosely fitted while I move around things..

New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 900b8610
New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 67703510
New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 89ce8d10

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Aron please don't fall for the trap of spending more time cleaning than modelling the workshop looks great.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:55 pm

Damien wrote:
Aron please don't fall for the trap of spending more time cleaning than modelling the workshop looks great.  2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup

funnily Damien, I've never had that problem Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 12:50 am

lol! lol! lol! mine looks a mess too Neil  lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 am

Sorry guys I have promised myself to keep it reasonably tidy at all times. Break some bad habbits and all that, this is the first tine I’ve had a full custom workshop built the way I wanted with a decent budget that wasn’t built up on scraps and leftovers, so gonna enjoy it clean... also clean means less dirty build up on paint work which has always been a persistent issue for me over the years so this plus a spray booth should get me better results!

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 2:42 am

Fair enough it doesn't appear to have much room for clutter either Aron.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2018 3:00 pm

It’s 12 foot long and 4 foot wide but walk space is 60cm not a massive work area but ample room to swing most projects around but keeping things tidy will Just help long term and like I said before breaking bad habbits.

It actully looks bigger now it’s finished!

Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Tool rack fitted now to fill it and find out how many extra clips I need to buy or build!

New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 3d55cd10

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 pm

looks great, and cozy too...….bet its warm in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 12:24 am

It’s pretty toasty right now with the heat but it seams to trap a lot of the afternoon sun so that should help during the winter months.

Well fitted the tool rack and installed a lot of tools, however screwdriver failure.... the tool rack only comes with a short screwdriver holder and well I have a lot of drivers!

So I custom made a driver holder for my new set ( all 27) from some 1x2” stock I had laying about for making up base boards, took a length decided up the spaces for each driver, pillar drill made easy work of the holes and I’ve screwed it to the wall, the screws fix I to the frame work for that extra support but it didn’t really need it..

I spent most of the day working on the racking and the driver holder but a good days work for me.

New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 04782a10
New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 5472dd10

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New workshop coming soon!   New workshop coming soon! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New workshop coming soon!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2