TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Empty
PostSubject: The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.   The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I, and some of you will think I am raving mad, have just paid £14.52 plus £1.01p postage for a rather mundane black and white post card on Ebay.

Normally this sort of postcard (although I have never seen this particular one on ebay before) showing the launch of a lifeboat (Fleetwood's to be exact) would probably attract no bids, or possibly one at the starting price of 0.99p.

But this one was special to me, and so I put a bid on it at the start of the week of £10.50 because I didn't want to loose it, and with my memory, would have probably forgotten it had my kids not kept reminding me about it and to bid on it.

However, because I had put this bid on, I reckon that ebay fever must have taken over and as a result, those who kept trying to out bid me pushed the price up to the total that I had to pay eventually.

Is it a case of sheep following sheep, and because the price keeps going up, those who want to outbid, think there is something unique about such a mundane item.....it sometimes baffles me, just at those plastic lifeboats can sometimes sell for £150.......very strange.

But the reason that it's so special to me that I needed to buy it..............well, it was taken in 1960 ( or there abouts) and I am on it as a little boy watching the Lifeboat being launched..........and I'm wearing a jumper that my mum knitted for me........... Nothing special about that some say.

Sadly it was one of the last questions my mum put to me just before she died of Alhziemers about 6 years ago............"you haven't worn that blue striped jumper I knitted for you in a while".........funny how things get to you and bring a tear to your eye, even at the age of 60.

I think I'd have paid almost anything for that post card tonight The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Smiley The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Smiley The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Smiley
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.   The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:17 am

I reckon that post card was worth double what you paid. You cannot replace memories like that and as a wonderful if sentimental reminder, I think you got a bargain.. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.   The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:56 am

here I am, bottom right of photo, second boy moving left, 2nd little lad. with dark striped jumper, lol

The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Kgrhqv10
Back to top Go down
jimmy2310
Gunner
Gunner
jimmy2310

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.   The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:20 pm

You can't put a price on memories they are priceless Neil

Jimmy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.   The mysteries of the minds  of ebay bidders. Empty

Back to top Go down

The mysteries of the minds of ebay bidders.
Page 1 of 1