TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!

TheRcModelBoatForum.com

A Forum For Modelers By Modelers.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
holmes5926
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster Empty
PostSubject: Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster   Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 am

Hi all - I no longer have a need for this caster hence my (slightly reluctant) sale!  Owing to their longevity, reliability and popularity these rarely surface for sale, owners also tend to keep a hold of them for many years so 2nd hand supply is limited.

For the benefit of my casters new owner I have removed all usual pewter/resin spills, cleaned her up inside and out, lubricated all moving parts, removed some light rust from the side vents (see pictures), and replaced the dated original fabric power cable with a new and trusty 2 metre flexi-cable.

Other than the old rust to the top of the lid it is in superb condition for it’s age which may be 10+ years now but that really isn’t old at all - the manufacturer recently commented on being asked to first service a machine that was 30 years old despite regular use!

Note that the rust to the lid is minor, not recent, and does not affect it’s operation nor safe use.  It could easily be painted over with a fresh lick of paint if you fancied doing so.

The spinning hub accelerates and decelerates through the variable speed smoothly and the safety brake engages swiftly when the lid is lifted during operation, exactly as it should.  I can send a video demo of operation.

I haven’t aren’t any mould plates included however 7”/10” plates can be purchased from tiranti.co.uk.  I do have the original instructions that advise quite thoroughly on how to make effective moulds as well as the really simple use of the machine.

Happy to send by courier for an extra £20 including insurance, otherwise collection can be arranged from Broughton Astley, Leicestershire (not far from either M1 J20/J21).

Looking for £600 or very near offers.  These are extraordinary machines, in high demand, last for years and years, require nil servicing beyond keeping them tidy, so 2nd hand doesn’t really mean anything at all.  Brand new these are £1,000 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking!

More images here.

Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster 64622513_10156922800536140_973329019082637312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1

Last edited by holmes5926 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo.)
Back to top Go down
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)
nhp651

PostSubject: Re: Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster   Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 9:45 pm

I will concur with your statements about these fine machines...……..I sold mine with melting pot, plates rings etc only last august that I had had and used for 25 years, buying it new from tiranti's. I cannot stress just how good these machines are...….perfect for the model maker...……..

good luck with the sale.
Back to top Go down
holmes5926
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Re: Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster   Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster EmptySun Jun 30, 2019 8:13 pm

For anyone who may be interested I have listed this spin caster on Ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113798202719

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
holmes5926
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

PostSubject: Now sold - thank you.   Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Now sold - thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster   Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster Empty

Back to top Go down

Centricast Centrifugal Spin Caster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Traders & Sales :: Member's Sales-
Jump to: