TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. Empty
PostSubject: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't know what the NHS is like in other parts of the country, but as a resident within the Wyre Borough Council district, I cannot praise our local NHS enough.

About 5 weeks ago, I banged my left ankle against my workmate corner in the workshop, quite hard, and it bloody hurt........soon afterwards we went on holiday to Scotland and it continued to hurt, but was hurting more............just shrugged it off as a hard knock......but 3 weeks into it I started getting pains u...p from my calf to the knee joint , and so I rang up 111 on a Saturday morning and was fitted in for a nurse to look at it all within an hour.

Went down to Dock Street health care centre and two nurses looked at my ankle and leg that was giving pain, measurimng the girths of both legs and said that I might have chipped or broken a small bone in my foot and walking with a limp had caused some vascular and muscular problem and strain, but also to get an Xray form from my doctor on Monday.........Rung the doctor at 08.30 on Monday morning and a form was ready for me to collect by 10.30am.Went for my Xray........

But in the meantime the pain went further up my leg, and so rang the doctor on Monday morning, just past.........and was fitted in to surgery at 11.00 hours that morning. He took bloods and measured my legs again, saying he was puzzled but concerned enough to take it further, however he thought the problem was vasculitis....damage to the nerve ends from the damage to my foot weeks before, and sent my bloods off within 20 minutes to Blackpool Victoria Hospital [BVH] for tests.
He himself phoned me at 13.50 hours to say that the blood was "elevated" and had booked me in for scans on my leg at the earliest appointment for possible DVT clots....that scan was today.

Went along to BVH, this afternoon, and had my scans, thankfully to find no blood clots, but pronounced what my doctor had thought it was on Monday, vasculitis. but just to be thorough more blood tests were done which proved to be fine, and then gave me a weeks blood thinning hypo's to self administer just to make sure there was nothing untoward, and a final scan next Thursday to make sure all was clear

It gives absolute peace of mind when BVH and the staff and doctors/nurses at Lockwood Surgery, Poulton le Fylde and our out of hours medical staff are so caring, vigilant and professional in their pursuits to keep us well.

I CANNOT PRAISE OR THANK THEM ALL ENOUGH.

NEIL.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 7:07 am

Neil, I think I am right in saying that there is a place online, possibly on the NHS website, that you can give feedback on care to doctors, surgeons and nurses. I think that they, especially doctors and surgeons, have to receive so much feedback (not sure how much) to carry on working, your other course of action would be to write letters to the Hospital and clinics that you attended.

Just to say that when I had Carpal tunnel surgery done I was ask to leave feedback but can't remember the location that I left it.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 am

troutrunner wrote:
Neil, I think I am right in saying that there is a place online, possibly on the NHS website, that you can give feedback on care to doctors, surgeons and nurses. I think that they, especially doctors and surgeons, have to receive so much feedback (not sure how much) to carry on working, your other course of action would be to write letters to the Hospital and clinics that you attended.

Just to say that when I had Carpal tunnel surgery done I was ask to leave feedback but can't remember the location that I left it.

Hope this helps.
cheers mate........I will look.

neil.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 am

No problem. just please to help.

I only found out because the nurse asked me if I would give my surgeon feedback and after surgery once, I asked a nurse how I could thank the staff for being so wonderfully kind, feeding me sandwiches and tea and biscuits because of a cockup with being picked up (4 hour wait) and she said about writing a letter to the hospital trust telling how I felt. Every one like to get praise occasionally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 am

will always give praise where it is due, myself.......we are quick to complain.............but how many will praise others when a job goes well......it costs nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.   MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA. Empty

Back to top Go down

MEDICAL CARE IN YOUR AREA.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: The Lake Side :: At The Lake Side-
Jump to: