TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Very quiet.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am

Must be nice boating weather in England the forum has gone very quiet. Sad
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:23 pm

hi Damien,

yes the weather is fantastic here in n wales  ( uk that is), I am in the process of getting stuff ready to build the tug boat in marine modelling international july 2011 river thames tug plangent free plan. so cutting all planks on my table saw then sanding smooth and scratch  scratch , wont be starting this  till the back end now, will start posting later on. getting my thames river boat and Waverley ready for a show in rhyl this Saturday. with steam sound of 2 kits I bought from maplins, years ago and never fitted one in each boat paid  £5 for the two in there new year  sales  2thumbsup .
well that's me up to date Damien, what are you shivering at in your shed   lol!  now.

down to you barrie keep going I am looking in from time to time.

david
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 1:35 am

I'm presently changing my lathe to a DC drive motor from a treadmill and have finished modifying my test tank to accommodate the side paddlers. power bill came today up $60 on last year heating the shed I'd guess tin shed on concrete base loses heat quickly.
3.2c at 10.00am and going down.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 am

Yes, it's very quiet on other forums as well.

In the UK, this part of the year is referred to as  'Miners fortnight'  when everyone goes on holiday. 

Me,  I can't afford a holiday so I'm trying to build a tug boat from the spare parts lying around the shed. Although I refer to it as a free build, the parts must have originally been purchased, so I wondered if I have enough to complete the job.

Great fun being economical, and helps to clear the place as well.

ken
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:21 pm

think it's always quiet at this time of year..........I have just returned from my hols...........and need a holiday to get over this one lol.........am back in full swing now.................off over to Yorkshire tomoz to pick up a new pet for my daughter....she persuaded me to buy her a pUG PUPPY FOR DOING WELL IN HER EXAMS, LOL...............I'm SUCH A SOFT TOUCH, LOL
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:58 am

lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:07 pm

and here she is, called Poppy.......a real little beauty.........ten weeks old

Very quiet. 00911
Very quiet. A10
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 am

AWWWWWWWWW So Cute.
Back to top Go down

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 1:44 am

Boating is on hold as it's to cold to be playing in water to ballast the paddlers so I've turned engineer and modifying my lathe to Variable 12v DC drive.
The motor is from a treadmill the controller came as a kit with it has been built the motor mount constructed from steel is done, the layout of the control and the 12v 15A power supply is designed, i'm sitting around awaiting various boxes from China another 2 weeks should see them here.

the current AC motor a 1/4hp was picked up at a tip (refuse dump) 20 years ago so not bad for a freebie it more often than not needs a flick start of a pulley or the chuck not really safe but then again neither is parting off with a hack saw the chuck jaws have removed skin from fingers a few times so I lashed out and bought a parting tool as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Very quiet. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Very quiet.   Very quiet. Empty

Back to top Go down

Very quiet.
Page 1 of 1