Share | 

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nhp651
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   Fri May 23, 2014 5:43 pm

I made this model around 2 - 3 years ago and apart from trying to test it with some brand new NiHm batteries that kept going flat, and a couple of blown fuses I eventually gave up trying to sail it until the other day, when I decided to re rig it inside with a new 3.2amph 12v gel cell battery.............

well, the result down on the pond at Fleetwood ( the small one at the end, as I had had failures before and didn't fancy waiting an hour whilst it drifted in) and set her going...............I was very pleased with her for .....................all of 3 - 4 minutes........where she stopped dead in the water again....................Oh sod it I thought!!!.......and it was at the far end of the lake with the wind blowing my way.............so another 15 minute wait.....................but, as she got closer I began to lift the spirits............she hadn't failed at all................it was the fault of some toe rag who comes down to the lake..........feeds the b****** sea gulls and then throws the plastic bag in the water instead of taking it home...............see the same people regularly doing it, and you get a mouthful and threats of violence if you tell them about it.....................

but the boat floated well, got up on the plane well and reversed well when she hadn't a placky bag wrapped round both props...............sadly the weather has been awful since........but looking forward to another play next week when we are promised better weather.

Back to top Go down
Damien
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   Sat May 24, 2014 3:47 am

At least the mongrel thrower could have tossed a clean bag.

Oh yeah great model Neil.  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup

And I love the third photo with the sparkles on the water.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   Sat May 24, 2014 11:22 am

hi neil,  

great looking model  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup l.
as for human race some are Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil , sadley that is the way of the world neil, I some times wonder  scratch  scratch  why as human beings, we cant do things how they should be done.

david
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   

Back to top Go down

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: Modelling Categories :: Lifeboats-
Jump to: