TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 Empty
PostSubject: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:43 pm

I made this model around 2 - 3 years ago and apart from trying to test it with some brand new NiHm batteries that kept going flat, and a couple of blown fuses I eventually gave up trying to sail it until the other day, when I decided to re rig it inside with a new 3.2amph 12v gel cell battery.............

well, the result down on the pond at Fleetwood ( the small one at the end, as I had had failures before and didn't fancy waiting an hour whilst it drifted in) and set her going...............I was very pleased with her for .....................all of 3 - 4 minutes........where she stopped dead in the water again....................Oh sod it I thought!!!.......and it was at the far end of the lake with the wind blowing my way.............so another 15 minute wait.....................but, as she got closer I began to lift the spirits............she hadn't failed at all................it was the fault of some toe rag who comes down to the lake..........feeds the b****** sea gulls and then throws the plastic bag in the water instead of taking it home...............see the same people regularly doing it, and you get a mouthful and threats of violence if you tell them about it.....................

but the boat floated well, got up on the plane well and reversed well when she hadn't a placky bag wrapped round both props...............sadly the weather has been awful since........but looking forward to another play next week when we are promised better weather.

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 005_co32

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 006_co31

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 008_co30

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 011_co23

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 010_co23
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptySat May 24, 2014 3:47 am

At least the mongrel thrower could have tossed a clean bag.

Oh yeah great model Neil.  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup

And I love the third photo with the sparkles on the water.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptySat May 24, 2014 11:22 am

hi neil,  

great looking model  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup l.
as for human race some are Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil , sadley that is the way of the world neil, I some times wonder  scratch  scratch  why as human beings, we cant do things how they should be done.

david
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Neil, where did you get the plans from for that?  Apart from being a handsome boat, my wife's name is Christine, so I gotta do one of them for her. Then she'll have no excuse NOT to go to the nearest decent pond (Sheringham).  
I am starting to think that pools with raised walls are a VERY good idea!  Ask me why!

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 pm

aye, I've sailed a few times at Sheringham......m brother in law was Methodist superintendent minister for the north Norfolk area for years, based in Fakenham......used to visit 2/3 times a year...….love the area......and love the pond...…..don't need to bend to put my boats in, lol.

the plans were free in a model boats special...….think I still have them somewhere......I'll see if I can find them out and/or the mag.

it came as a double diagonal plan on frame and I built the plug then made a sailing mould in grp......the original model went to guernsey where the boat was based....she is, with the modern flying Christine 3 on permanent display at guernsey airport to raise money for the charity.She will do 25 knots.

pictures are of the display in the airport terminal and a model I made of the modern up to date vessel they have which serves all the channel islands with a life support doctor and medical service and also being self righting also serves as an additional SAR boat for the RNLI if needed

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 B2zdkl10

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 13059610

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 Crsnm510
Back to top Go down
Specialbuilder
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Neil, I'd be very grateful for a borrow of those plans if poss.  I'd love to do one for Chris.  She asked if the boat was ever in better colours!  I must admit brown and cream don't blow my frock up much either!
I was in that airport on my way back from Jersey, where I'd flown all the way from Norwich to deliver a model of a Bentley for a Jersey geezer's birthday. his Mrs. (who commissioned the model) had a quick look, threw a cheque at me and said she daren't stay or they'd take her car away!  So then I had to leave as quick as I'd arrived and a Britten Norman skip lorry, oops, I mean light airliner was used to get from Jersey to Guernsey, sitting next to a miserable old cow who would not crack her slap, until I asked her straight when the trolley came round!  It was odd seeing what the pilot sees as we skipped over the waves for all of 10 minutes!

Nice models, although I much prefer the older one. Modern boats leave me utterly cold. Whatever they are.

Cheers,
Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Specialbuilder wrote:
Neil, where did you get the plans from for that?  Apart from being a handsome boat, my wife's name is Christine, so I gotta do one of them for her. Then she'll have no excuse NOT to go to the nearest decent pond (Sheringham).  
I am starting to think that pools with raised walls are a VERY good idea!  Ask me why!

Cheers,
Martin

I'm so sorry for not replying to this request before martin but I have literally only just found it.

the plans for the brown and cream model....original st johns colours for the boat are readily available through the model boats magazine outlet and are the generic ST200 sea plane tender of the 1940's.

the modern boat is a Nelson's 45' pilot boat design with a specially commissioned superstructure by nelsons boats...……….they might have them, but my set came from Guernsey's branch of St JOHNS AMBULANCE DEPARTMENT IN St Peterport.

again apologies for very late reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEA PLANE TENDER ST200   SEA PLANE TENDER ST200 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEA PLANE TENDER ST200
Page 1 of 1