TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumas Myrtle Cory.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wadsworthj
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
wadsworthj

Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty
PostSubject: Dumas Myrtle Cory.   Dumas Myrtle Cory. EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Folks.
            I am in the final stages of building my take on the cory ,
and if I can upload some photos I will post them.
but it looks a little confusing, to an old wrinkly.
Cheers  John W.
Back to top Go down
The Mariners Way
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Mariners Way

Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumas Myrtle Cory.   Dumas Myrtle Cory. EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi John, I like the Cory, makes a change from all the lifeboats and grey funnel line ships!!! not as though I dislike lifeboats and warships, I like boats from all denominations!!!!

I have just started on a build of a Slipway Maggie M, I promised to upload pics on here for all to see, taken some pics of the early stages of the build but haven't fathomed out quite yet how to upload pics on here and I'm a slightly less old wrinkly than yourself although wrinkles are a sign of knowledge and intelligence!!!,,,,,,(am I digging myself a whole here??!!!)

Anyway, welcome to the site and good luck in all that you do,

Kind regards, Dave
Back to top Go down
wadsworthj
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
wadsworthj

Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty
PostSubject: Myrtle cory photos    Dumas Myrtle Cory. EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi Dave .
             thank you for your post.
I like anything different, that's why I chose the cory, although a lot of the quality is rather poor, it is a matter of you get what you pay for,
if I wanted quality I would have forked out £1,200 plus for the engel chapereon paddle steamer,
my next build might be a million miles away, a springer tug, looking like a river paddler ?
or have I lost the plot ?
Cheers John W.
Back to top Go down
The Mariners Way
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
The Mariners Way

Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumas Myrtle Cory.   Dumas Myrtle Cory. EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 pm

I think model boating is all about whatever literally floats your boat!!..........so many people seem to believe that throwing money at a project makes for a perfect boat, to me it is what you perceive as perfect is what matters, if it pleases 'you' then it has achieved what you intended it to do.
Saying that though, it does beggar belief at the cost of some items in the hobby universe, prices have seemed to spiral out of control, is it lack of modellers that have pushed the price of things up or is it the other way that there is too much demand and manufacturers/importers are taking advantage of it?!!

At least there is less snobbery in thus aspect of modelling, less than say R/C Aircraft and railway modellers, I've often been tempted by both but put off by the price of the things!!

Enough rambling for now,

All the best John from Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumas Myrtle Cory.   Dumas Myrtle Cory. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dumas Myrtle Cory.
Page 1 of 1