TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Family member Rambo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

New Family member Rambo Empty
PostSubject: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:00 am

A 1yo Pedigree Blue roan Cocker spaniel has joined us he was offered free on local buy swap & sell as owner was moving to a rental property with no dogs allowed.

New Family member Rambo Rambo_zps2c55e837

I started to write this yesterday to say model builds on hold whilst I build another gate to allow him access to my shed as he whined non stop while i was out there lol already under his control which I have to say he's out of had no discipline at all and his hair is so matted we've been quoted $85 to have his hair cut.

I took him for a short walk yesterday got 5 houses away when two young girls across the street called out one foot in the air mid stride he jumped between my legs and down I went to the concrete footpath whole right side really sore, hip especially will see my Dr tomorrow meanwhile there's no modelling or Gate but Rambo is settling in.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Dog related incidents are not uncommon and they bloody hurt at times, my long legged jack russel x staffy was a puller one day when i took him for a walk i got the lead wrapped around my wrist and he spotted another dog and tried to go for it tugging so hard he dislocated my shoulder, this was a few years ago mind you.

However that isn't the best injury from an animal i get, if you guys didn't already know i'm a reptile breeder, i breed exotic morphs in ball (royal) pythons and I'm bite daily!

This little yellow belly spider pastel is 2 months old

New Family member Rambo Tumblr10

and this is what it did to my hand when he thought i was the rat pup! ( 2 days ago!)

New Family member Rambo Img_2064

that's just a baby fang bite. Adults are WAY worse! ok bit of a bad rep there normally they only bite out of fear or mistake your hand for the food, generally pythons curl up into a ball rather then try to attack you, but some are rather aggressive especially if they are going into shed.

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

I don't think I could handle snakes Aron.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Snakes are great even as pets, easy to look after cheap to feed right size rat once evey 7 days for younger snakes one larger rat every 10 days, they very very rarely get sick, they do however live upwards of 30 years, the ball pythons i breed grow up to 5 foot in length and all live in a racking system boxes around 30x15x8" and provided with the right heat and humidity, they don't like to be handled to much so they don't take up huge amounts of time in 'playing' normally 5-10 mins 2-3 times a week per snake, my kids love them and have never been bitten (snakes only tend to bite when they are hungry) so feeding 2 days before the kids handle them reduce the risk of getting a nip (just sods law i always get the bites since im feeding them! they are Non aggressive for the most part, slow moving and non venomous.

I started with only 2 females and a male in 3 vivarium's with an initial cost of about £1000, i made my money back 4 times over in the first egg clutch i had, this was 8 years ago now, i'm up to 30 females 15 males as my breeding stock, and i generally keep 1 or 2 from each clutch if i can get some sick paint jobs.

This is a long term commitment breeding or just as a pet i love snakes this is a passion for me more so then boats.

For me tho this is how i earn a living i earn around 4-500 pounds per royal sold depending on the marking (morph) some rare morphs have earn me upwards of £4000 each, ghosts, silvers, spiders, bumblebees are the most popular 'paint jobs' on snakes and people will pay big prices for a good quality snake.

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

As the saying goes " What ever floats ya boat" mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 3:21 am

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 17 xrays of pelvis and both hips and because of easter  no results until next thursday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:06 pm

sorry to hear that Damien.........hope everything ok.

as for you young man.........amazing............didn't know there was so much dosh in snake charming..........bl**** amazing. neil.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 pm

hi Damien,

sorry to hear you had a fall Shocked , hope you are on the mend 2thumbsup . why did they take so many x-rays, I thought  there was a  limit  to the amount of radiation you can have. take the dog for walks on your scooter and trailer when tired the dog can ride on trailer  lol! 

I have never touched a snake don't no why, as I have found them fascinating when seen on tv must put on my list of things to do study

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am

The gate is finished back to modelling tomorrow yahoo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:24 am

Sorry I didn't reply earlier David.
I would guess the massive number of xrays has something to do with my history of Osteoporosis.
And I think it'll take a truck load of xrays to reach the 58 rads of radio therapy to my head after Pituitary surgery where they removed a Grape fruit sized tumor, the Dr's tend to freak out when I'm crook or injured.  2thumbsup  2thumbsup  2thumbsup

Last edited by Damien on Sun May 04, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptySun May 04, 2014 1:56 pm

hi Damien ,

I have just been reading up on pituitary  study , I  must say very interesting, I have never heard of it before, but see what you mean about the radio therapy. I hope now you have recoverd as best you can now  2thumbsup  2thumbsup .

david
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice to see the new family member Damien.

My new family member is settling in well - now 6 months old this week and been with us since the end of January but only down side is the modelling has taken a back seat for the last couple of months as I end up spending most spare time walking and playing with her and her older sister who now has a new lease of life.  Friday this week is retirement day so hopefully I can get back to modelling during the mornings when she has a long nap!  I hope!

New Family member Rambo P1020110

New Family member Rambo P1020221
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:33 am

A lovely Dog mate so loving too Rambo decides it's cuddle time puts his head on my chest front legs around me and literally hugs me but if either of us go out the front door he stands in perfect show stance and stares at the door.  lol!  

He gets a hair cut to remove all the matted hair from the neglect of previous owner in about 2hrs I'll get another pic then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyTue May 06, 2014 7:10 am

He's a different dog now looks great we discovered why he wasn't shown his ears are an inch short no reason to neglect him though.

New Family member Rambo R2_zpscee5aa18

New Family member Rambo R1_zpsaf4b6295

New Family member Rambo R3_zpsc8a3278b
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Fine looking fellow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:49 am

It seems I'm allergic to Rambo every time I pat or play with him I itch all over we'll take him to the RSPCA so they can check the new owners as there's a lot of dogs go missing and used for dog fights around here to risky to find a new home for him ourselves.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 am

That's a pity Damien, but I know how it is. I'm allergic to cats and start sneezing everytime I go to my youngest daughter's house. Anti-histamine tablets help, but its not always possible to take those, especially for a short visit.

Barrie

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

I've had nose & lung congestion from a bug the week before we got him that won't go away and it struck me today the each time we cuddle or I pat him I itch all over and my eyes give me greif had him 8 weeks and spent nearly $1000 on him lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Family member Rambo   New Family member Rambo Empty

Back to top Go down

New Family member Rambo
Page 1 of 1