TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

problems with 2 x 2.4g sets

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

problems with 2 x 2.4g sets Empty
PostSubject: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:03 am

Yesterday I took one of 2 Flysky sets from the back shed and after after charging 12 nimh batteries I bound my first rx and plugged 2 servos in  and powered up to a pair of chattering servos so I searched the web for this model apparently this model Rx sometimes comes dud from factory so I tried the 7 other Rx's all 8 had the same chattering and 20 only shook no other movement so I dragged out the 3ch that uses the same Rx's all had same fault.
Then I pulled the Tx & Rx from a model to test the servos they chattered as well the brain kicks in and I start checking batteries.
One cell in the Rx pack completely dead & the charger was not showing a problem when I took them off charge yesterday.

Two days wasted chasing the problem hopefully I'll remember if it happens again. Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:40 am

Sorry to hear of your problem.  I assume you have separate 1.2 volt batteries ?

You might like to go them individually with a meter and check their volts.  You might be able save some of them.  You do have a meter, don't you ?

When analyzing electrical faults you have to trace it analytically.  That is to say,  if you change a suspect part with another and the fault persists, then it's likely not that part. The fault must be somewhere else.

Hope this helps

Ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 am

Yes Ken I have several multimeters and it was one separate some are getting a bit old I charged about 50 cells 5 wouldn't accept a charge that's why I was surprised when this one died
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Damien - sorry to hear about the problems, but I hope this means that two paddle boats will soon be getting the bottoms wet  Very Happy Razz Very Happy Razz Laughing Laughing 

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:04 pm

It's getting closer Barrie, I still have to make travel boxes for both models  yet although I have measured them both and sketched what I need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problems with 2 x 2.4g sets   problems with 2 x 2.4g sets Empty

Back to top Go down

problems with 2 x 2.4g sets
Page 1 of 1