TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Lincolnshire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

Hello from Lincolnshire Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm new to the whole boat building job, so I have a lot to learn, but I do learn quickly.

I love classic British cars and vans and have a small collection, most of which are projects, though my daily driver is a 1955 Austin A30.

There is more but I'll leave a bit for later [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

a man after my own heart.....love classic cars and bikes as well..........just "in between" at the moment, but hope to have another by the summer. lol.
enjoy your stay and enjoy posting....anything you want to know, don't be afraid to ask. neil.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks Neil I'll try to be good and contribute to the good of all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have three BSA Bantams as well, 2 basket cases and one D7 near to the road Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

My first bike at 16, in 1967 was a D3 175..great little bike...........sold it to buy a C15..........big mistake, so saved up to buy a neighbours (genuine) Rocket Gold Star in standard trim with a black and silver Dustbin fairing..........best bike I ever owned............ahh to own that one now.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:28 pm

nhp651 wrote:
ahh to own that one now.

Neil, follow your dreams, that is what brings me here, I have had plans to build a model boat for centuries but now realise I have not so long left, how many years of quality time do I have Question  the plans that I have had for more time than I care to remember are of a boat  MFV Eileen and In will build it.

Meanwhile I have bought a kit build of a Police River Launch to get me on the water so I don't lose momentum.

Go get that bike or buy a basket case bantam from me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:13 am

Welcome troutrunner it's never too late to fulfill your dreams.
My only experience with bikes was a mini bike as a 16yo with a Villiers 50cc I think. It ad a cork clutch and no gears stuffed both knees and got foot up the bum from many coppers for riding on the roads. 1968 it was cot a months pay.
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 am

Thanks for the welcome Damien, your experience taught you with a boot up the jacksy, pity that doesn't happen now, a clip round the ear from the village copper never did me no harm, it taught me respect.

What's the car in your Avatar Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 10:30 am

Paul it's a 1970 Renault 10 that I stripped and modified as a Sport Sedan for Hillclimbs and sprint racing.
It took about 7yrs to build '97 to 2004
Renault 16ts motor supercharged with a Toyota Soarer Roots S/charger and EFI from a local Holden Camira and I squeezed the front suspension of a Renault 18 into the rear of the R10 ooops nearly forgot the water injection that cut in at 5lb boost.
48hp std motor turned into a 160hp monster, when finished I towed it 120km to the nearest hill-climb track at Morwell. Vic Aust.

3 laps later my spine reminded me why I'm on a disability pension I could feel my heart beat at L4,L5 spine it was rather scary.
I sold it and the self built trailer a week later in april '04 and went back to my teenage hobby Modelboats cost about the same. I only went so far with it because a few guy's in our local Renault car club said it couldn't be done, never could pass up a dare. 
 lol!

Last edited by Damien on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:59 pm

now, if you had a basket case A10, I'd gladly swap it for one of my lifeboats and build an RGS replica, lol
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Damien, very interesting car the Renault, we have mad folk in the A30/A35 club that have a Turbo's on their A35's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Neil, the only reason I have the Bantams is for reliving my youth a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Just to say my boat kit arrived yesterday, so will soon be starting on it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:16 pm

Welcome Troutrunner.  Always good to have a new member particularly with wider interests and wider skills to bring to the forum.

Never been a bike man myself but have always been a scooter man - had my first Lambretta in 1972 and loved them ever since.  Have rebuild from the frame upwards and every last nut and bolt in the last 5 years two Lamby's - a 1963 Li125 and a 1969 GP 125. Very satisfying when they were DVLA inspected and MOT'd without a hitch.  Sadly I sold them both last year as well as my modern build Vespa PX.  With work commitments and domestic travel at weekends I couldn't justify keeping them when I was only using them a few times a year.  And with two daughters getting married with 8 months of each (despite Dad's insistence that this was the modern world and they didn't need to get married these days) the money was handy to offset a ridiculous drain on my bank balance.  I'm taking early retirement in three months though so I feel a new GP rebuild coming on...........
Back to top Go down
troutrunner
Master
Master
troutrunner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks for the Welcome Intrepid75 just stuck my first bits of wood together Very Happy some more tomorrow, I'll try and remember to take some photy's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Build blogs with photos are always welcomed.  We all learn from others and its good to see what kit contents come with other kits or what obstacles some scratch built plan's throw up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Lincolnshire   Hello from Lincolnshire Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Lincolnshire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheRcModelBoatForum.com :: New? Start Here :: Welcome Page-
Jump to: