TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sea Road Lady

Go down 
+2
Footski
davidjt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:41 am

Certainly worth a thought Barrie, I have to trim the bottom of the rudder as sits about 3mm below the keel rail & I dont want anything that can snag weeds.
I can extend the rudder about an inch and have it still under the stern.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Carved away the insides needed to move the drive pulley as far over as I could to not foul the car access to the deck as best I can and cut a notch in the deck to clear the pulley that a pulley cover that will attach to the removeable deck section will cover.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Notch_zpsaa5e8a83

The pulley cover.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pulleycover_zps5eca5c5b

I ground 3mm from the bottom of the rudder and epoxied .8mm ply each side 20mm longer than the aluminium a little sanding and filler and it's a much better size for this model.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rudderext_zps099f43f0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

A coat of dope to the outside of the hull.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hulldope_zpsa8cf995a

Polyester resin to the inside.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Polyresin_zps99dc1575

The keel and stem piece were cut from a laminate of of 3 2mm blind slats cut 7mm wide.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Keel_zps42bc6ca2

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Keel2_zps471849f6

Some stock 2mm card was used for the upper deck the hull was put upside down on it and drawn around it and cut with my bandsaw after trimming, it was marked with the locations of the supports and clamped to the hull and pilot holes were drilled.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Bridgedeck_zps0e39bb39

A sliding motor tray similar to the one I used in the stern wheel Wrigley 121 was made on a 3mm mdf base.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Motortray_zpsb0dff721

I started on the steps to the upper deck cutting 1mm styrene treads fitting them to1/35th scale ladders set a the required angle gave correct tread hight for 1/43rd stairs.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ladder1_zps5b12c719

Some more ladders were used as hand rails with every second rung removed.
A bit of a climb but looks good just need brackets to attack to the upper deck so it lifts off with it.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ladder2_zpsec119317
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Looking good Damien.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 2:12 am

Thanks Barrie.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:15 pm

hi Damien,

those ladders are brilliant, its all comeing together now.

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:09 am

Thanks but due to a senior moment forgetting I'd put them in a pocket while going to shed and started drilling my chair base for new wheels I found three pieces in pocket some hours later the rungs broke off the rails bin time for this one. Next will be grey & white I think I'll have enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 8:16 am

You know the days when after all the care measuring 4 times before you glue and you discover you messed up?
Well the stem piece turned out was not at 90 deg to the hull .
 I took to it with a 20mm dia saw blade in the dremel. 

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Damn_zpsd205ce63

Next I discovered I must have missed a whoops with the bandsaw as I discovered a hollow amidship that requires substancial filling and as it's already doped I'm having trouble getting plaster type filler to adhere  I'll raid the missus's talc and mix with dope tonight.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Dxdamn_zps78f8aa6c

First attempt at filler I used Selleys spakfilla and most of it peeled off.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hullfill_zps3006f4be
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:06 am

The reconstructed Stairs.
and the 3rd lot of filler, the first obviously was't dry after overnight in the shed so it spent most of the day in our heated lounge and sanded well after dinner I didn't stay long as it's blowing a gale and only 4c heading for 2c tonight brrrrrrrrr.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ladderfix_zps9931ebd3
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 am

hi Damien,
when ever I find hollows like yours using balsa, I just cut some balsa to what ever the gap is plus a bit more and fix with cayno, then when dry it rubs down easier than filler and blends better, much better than filler I think and you have a better finish, that's my opinion:lol!: .

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am

I may end up doing that yet David I remember now i thought I' do tha to the 6mm deck prior to putting the 3mm skin on then promptly forgot lol senior moment.

Last edited by Damien on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm

OK Damien, I expect to see it almost complete when I come out of hospital Rolling Eyes  I'll leave you to keep this forum going as everyone else seems to have given up modelling. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy 
I hope to be back working on my fireboat in a week or so - new knee willing Very Happy 

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:01 am

That's a big ask Barrie lol!  I to have noticed the the big slow down of participation not just here though Paddleducks seems to be suffering the same fate.
Hope the Op goes well mate.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:13 pm

hi,
I to have noticed the lack of posts to, nobody seems to be interested all they do is read the old posts, other sites have been quiet for the past month or so.

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 5:49 pm

I think there are lulls in posting on forums, at certain times of the years, not only on here but on all all kinds of forums.
Lifeboats24-7 suffers greatly.............and Model Boats is ruled by an iron rod from the editor........I don't stand a chance of putting anything on there, in any way controvertial......it gets wiped immediately, lol.........so haven't been on that site in months.

we need a ruck to take place on Mayhem, lol...........and then a few members come over from the dark side for a bit of peace and quiet, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:18 pm

I mixed plaster powder with dope and this filler adhered to the already doped hull really well.
Tiller arm turned and silver soldered.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Tillerarm_zpsd07d4470
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:21 pm

I like the silver soldering, Damien......

over the years I have turned more to silver soldering than soft soldering and have lost the art of soft soldering.

neil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:27 am

With a flat screw driver I was able to break up the borax that had set like concrete and add a little water to make a paste and of course the brass has to be bright shiny clean.
I haven't done this type of work since using an arc torch to braze 3mm steel weld rod to the flared lip on my race car in my avatar pic in 2001 

Tiller arm insitu it's a rather tight fit.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Tillerarninsitu_zps5e1d4b9f

Rudder in place.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hullrudder_zpsc44127a9

I marked out planking on the balsa deck hatch.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Deckhatch_zps21bc7416

Last edited by Damien on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:04 am

The rest of the deck planking drawn pencilled in.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Planking_zps71fc2041
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:58 am

Upper deck support pillars fitted to top deck and location ferrules fitted to hull.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pillars_zps22ce435b

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Upperdonhull_zps4bc80cbb

Already made upper deck parts in place temp.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Mainbitsontop_zps0619da7b  

Stairway in place mounts still to be made.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Sternview2_zps13d1ee79

Cars temporarily on deck.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Deckcars1_zps5bb42287

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Deckcars2_zpsd1ee109f

Motor tray in place showing line of drive belt.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Motortrayinhull_zpsf66e5506

Paddle shaft bearings glued into hull with paddles on the shaft to keep the bearings aligned whilst the epoxy dries.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Bearingsglued_zps758c1fe4

A productive weekend without mishaps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 pm

I always liked the old Renault Dophine...was a nice shapely car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:01 am

Started the paint work with dark walnut to the deck pillars.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 P1_zps3ec5872b

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 P2_zps68e1897d

Then onto the deck hatch cover.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 H_zps89aa16e9

And last for the day the deck.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 D_zpsc0f6c628
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:21 am

Another 2 cars arrived today, a 1910 Renault AG Beer Truck and a RX4.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Fleet_zps59af7054
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 4:20 am

Final car arrived an R5 Maxi Turbo rally car.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 R5_zps8423aeab

Not thrilled with the deck paint  lighter spots show any where super glue was used.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hullst_zpsb714ce8f

Rails done on upper deck.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hullud_zps6c251d45

Last edited by Damien on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:20 am

hi Damien,

I wouldn't worry to much about the stain, by the time you have placed your fleet of cars on board you wont see much what with shadows etc of the cars, plus they will look like oil drips from carsSea Road Lady - Page 2 Lol     you cant keep working boats pristine on deck there is allways  misshaps.

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 7:32 am

True
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 am

That superglue gets everywhere. Sad 

The best thing is to stain all the wood before assembly as I've found out to my cost.

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:00 am

Lesson learned here too Ken lol!
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 am

Would it be too much trouble to replace the deck ?

ken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:22 am

It would destroy the hull unfortunately Ken as I coated the inside with polyester resin.
I'll try darkening the dots with a cotton bud dabbing more paint on just the light bits.

Soldering on the rails tidied with a carbide bit in my dremel.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rail_zps39a26e94

Life boats in place temporarily in place.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Udcab_zps86cf5cf6

Bridge assembly glued un place.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boatsondeck_zps788e8fba
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi Damien, Very good progress whilst I was away Smile  Its looking good now. I think it will be a week or two before I'm able to restart modelling so we need David to start posting so I have something to look at.

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:00 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I  hope your recovery is rapid Barrie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Started on the car and passenger ramps today spent around 2 hours cutting coffee stirrers to 5mm strips and cutting to length, then after 20mins of fighting to get them straight whilst gluing without success I made this jig.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ramps_zps9acae419

The 4 complete bar some trimming.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ramps2_zpsfaf1ffd6

From card I cut 20mm strips for the gunwales and 6mm strips for lower and 5mm for the upper edge of them.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Gunwalestrips_zps51bfdd35

Last edited by Damien on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

The plan showed posts with the ramps against them with no means of lifting or securing them and the ramp needed to be longer to clear the 65mm width of the paddle boxes, so I got on the lathe and made some 6.5mm pulleys with 2mm holes as I had 2mm x 25mm stainless steel nuts & bolts on hand.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pulleys_zps999dcf1f

Also prepared 6mm sq posts for the pulleys and 3mm brass spikes to go through the hull for support.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Postpin_zps97930659

Temp fitting.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pp_zps2d9e8696

The upper deck in place with strips to mount the passenger gangway too, the upper edge will attach to the upper deck with some overhang.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rearend_zpseca9ade5

Last edited by Damien on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Damien wrote:
Started on the car and passenger ramps today spent around 2hours cutting coffee stirrers to 5mm stripsand cutting to length, then after 20mins of fighting to get them straight whilst gluing without success I made this jig.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ramps_zps9acae419

The 4 complete bar some trimming.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Ramps2_zpsfaf1ffd6

From card I cut 20mm strips for the gunwales and 6mm strips for lower and 5mm for the upper edge of them.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Gunwalestrips_zps51bfdd35
ahh, the ubiquitous McDonalds coffee stirrers..................wonder how many modellers just have a mac's so they can nick a handfullof them..........I have a jar full at home.

looking great Damien.

I haven't done a jot to my build in ages............must put more effort in, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 am

Hmmmmmm hadn't considered theft I get packs of 500 on ebay for mixing paints and epoxy.
I must be gooder than my wife thinks lol She continually say's i'm bad lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:06 am

Got the paddle boxes mounted to the upper deck support posts taking shape now one passenger gangway held in place with blutac.
The photo's show the car ramps and passenger g/ways are stained, I thinned the stain paint with turps and got a much nicer look than the deck.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted1_zpsacc25f78

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted3_zpsa5f784c3

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted2_zps5600a588

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted6_zps4c06ae26

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted5_zpse79093f9

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Boxesfitted7_zpsda58edf4

Last edited by Damien on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Put the paddle shaft support bearing in today from scrap 12mm balsa I used a 12mm drum sander to form a cradle for the bearing, with more scrap I lifted it so it was just clear of the bearing and super glued it in place I removed the shaft and bearing mixed some hard as steel 5min epoxy and spread it in the cradle the carefully replaced the shaft and bearing when it started to cure I rotated the shaft until cured so the bearing weight didn't have a chance to settle in the epoxy causing extra friction.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb6_zpsa95660c5

I cut the 4mm silver steel shaft 6mm over length just in case fitted the paddles put the upper deck with paddle boxes in place.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb5_zps4a3058b4

The paddle boxes a a tad on the large size but they look good imho.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb4_zps36937f9f

I found I needed 3mm spacers either side to position the paddles correctly a few minutes on the lathe fixed that.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb7_zpsd8225187

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb3_zpsa0a6cc49

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb1_zps67ea0e97

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Pb2_zpscb82f4f3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:48 pm

The model shown in Model Boats has black below the water line and dark green above the upper deck is tan.
Can anyone suggest colours for the paddles and paddle boxes, I'm thinking a dark red for the paddles at a loss for the boxes though.
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:15 pm

hi damien,

i would go with red oxide paddle wheels, then on top of paddle box's keep green, then on the face i would paint white or cream and pick out the cut outs with green on the thin edge, if you have a steady hand, then the name accross following the curve. hope you follow meSea Road Lady - Page 2 263602217

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:21 pm

I agree with david.....would look nice in that scheme
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:45 am

I still have some of this from the Wrigley build.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 P18_zpsb174156c
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 7:58 am

that looks ok to me   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 263602217Sea Road Lady - Page 2 263602217Sea Road Lady - Page 2 263602217

david
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:04 am

2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup 2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Upon checking the red paint it had turned to jelly I'll have to mix some more it was red with a bit of black. 

Mean while I put the card bulwarks on today.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Bulwarks_zpsa44507ea

and put some modified model aircraft hindges on the car ramps and cut slots with a  20mm circ saw blade in the dremel.
The ramps will be fixed partly down, I also raided my wifes neckless chains and found 2 that will provide the 8 lengths needed.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Hindges_zps990e0c09

Last edited by Damien on Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 pm

looking great Damien.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:44 am

Stern railings in progress 2 laminations of 1.5mm x 4mm balsa soaked in water for a few minutes.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rails1_zpsd58a9490

The white on the posts was caused by my home made water/bicarb kicker it was cured with a cotton bud dipped in acetone.
Note the spacer blocks to ensure correctly spaced rails.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rails2_zps80270293

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rails3_zps8dffbdc9

I was wrong earlier in the post saying it was dark walnut stain on the deck it is infact dark mahogany I got the railings finished and varnished/stained.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rails4_zps5dc40418

In decicing to put chains on the ramps I then needed hawse pipes for through deck access for the imaginary winches back on the lathe I went these are 5mm flange 4mm shaft with a 2.5mm hole the chain is epoxied in from the bottom to stop any water ingress to the hull.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Rails5_zpsb4f26123
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:55 pm

can't wait to see this one on the water. neil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 am

Be patient Neil it'll be a while yet.

Today was a day of revelation I hung old drapes on the back fence so I didn't upset the land lord with overspray, a warm 27c day no wind set up my old metal ironing board spray bench mixed and thinned the primer, set up the power and air hose for my compressor set up the hull and upper deck ready to paint.
"note" I masked off the deck last night.
loaded the touch up gun face mask on. 
One side of the hull done & up comes a 30kph wind the drapes threaten to nock the model to the ground I shift the table mid way through the mask on the hull decides it dosen't like the air pressure and lifts press it down and hope so i persevere to the finish, after cleaning the spray equipment I discover my hull wasn't as perfect as I thought bubbles over the second half day a bit humid so after an hour to harden I went for wet sanding with 400 grid put it in the sun to dry.
The pic's show the filling needed.

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Primer1_zps86914a26

Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Primer2_zpsefc4dfc4

Next time I'll shift the scooters into the back yard and spray under cover.

Last edited by Damien on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sea Road Lady   Sea Road Lady - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sea Road Lady
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next