TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Please login using your username and password to use the forum.

If you do not have an account please register to participate, it’s free!
TheRcModelBoatForum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206

Go down 
+5
Footski
davidjt
Roadrunner
intrepid75
barriew
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Empty
PostSubject: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

I have made a tentative start on my next project. This is to be a trip down memory lane as I am attempting to recreate the first model power boat that I built (with my father) in my early 'teens. This was an Adamcraft Seaplane Tender powered by a small diesel engine but no radio control. Having missed a kit on ebay about a couple of years ago, I managed to buy a copy of the plans and instruction booklet together with templates for the bulkheads, keel etc. These I have stuck to stiff card ready to mark out onto liteply. The original used ordinary ply, but I think liteply will offer some advantage, especially in ease of cutting out the pieces. I will be using a brushless motor and Lipo battery and I WILL be including radio control this time Very Happy

I am aware that the Adamcraft is not a true scale model, only one prop and the motor in the cabin not the rear well, but my object is to construct a replica of my first model. There will be a short delay now until I can arrange to go to Heybridge to Balsa Cabin to buy the wood.

Barrie
Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2610

Erik-Jan likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:28 pm

hi Barrie.......if you want any tips or just pics to look at as progress goes on I built one of the same from scratch a couple of years ago from Model Boats plans and put the thread on here........ it's not the white and yellow boat in the first few shots, but the boat that was her predecessor and followed the pica in the build log.

https://www.thercmodelboatforum.com/t133-ambulance-launch-flying-christine

neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks Neil, I followed your build and will be looking at it for tips. In particular I'm not too sure where I can fit the rudder servo at the moment as the original didn't allow for such things!

I rather think though that the Adamcraft was a very simplified version unlike the MB plans.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 pm

I went to the seaside (almost) on Tuesday and bought my wood. Also had a look at the boating lake at Maldon whilst there - very nice but its salt water, and also quite a long drive for me.
I have stared cutting out the bulkheads and keel and in doing so realised that the templates I purchased are not quite as accurate as they may be Mad
I feel quite a lot of fettling coming on Shocked
The photo shows the bulkheads in 4 mm liteply, the keel is in 6 mm. Just waiting for my prop shaft to come from MBB as I think I may need to adjust the angle slightly.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2611
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 pm

good to see movement Barrie............I like these boats..........must get my daughter's out for a sail as the weather is so nice.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 am

nhp651 wrote:
good to see movement Barrie............I like these boats..........must get my daughter's out for a sail as the weather is so nice.

I was wondering if it ever got on the water Rolling Eyes

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:25 pm

My prop shaft and P frame arrived this morning allowing me to lay out the keel components. I have started making the rudder.
Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2612

I also completed the assembly of the keel - this is one side.

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2613
Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2615

I now have to decide how to build. Adamcraft supplied stocks which I don't have. I think it is possible to build them from the keel drawing, otherwise it will have to be a traditional building board.
That's a problem for another day - the sun is going to shine again tomorrow so its off for a sail Very Happy Very Happy

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm

barriew wrote:
nhp651 wrote:

I was wondering if it ever got on the water Rolling Eyes

Barrie

once or twice Barrie.........but like all fast electrics, I can't cope with modern technology and keep blowing fuses..........it spends more time drifting to the side of the lake than actual sailing.......and then the daughter gets bored and wanders off, lol..........so it gets shoved back on top of the wardrobe for another few months, lol.

I even took it on holiday to scotland with us last year but when it came to sail it the batteries were flat and I had forgotten a charger..........my usual organisational skils,
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 am

Looking forward to watching this progress Barrie. Always liked Seaplane Tenders but one of those I haven't got round to build yet. Some day............
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 pm

At last, domestic chores finished and managed to get back to building today!

All the bulkheads are now cut out and the various notches cut in them. I have also made a building stocks as this is how the Adamcraft was built. Not having details of this, its my interpretation  based on some photos in the build instructions, but of course no dimensions. It seems to work OK, and using this I have adjusted the bulkheads. I did actually remake one which appeared to me to be wrong. I got the slot for the transom wrong and still need to adjust that.

The stocks are now screwed down to a solid board. Next job, after the transom, is to fix the bulkheads to the keel. I will use Aliphatic Resin rather than the Cascamite we used on the original Smile

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2616
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 2:24 pm

After gluing the bulkheads I was able to check the alignment of the chines and found them out, so had to remake another two bulkheads. Also what Adamcraft call the bow hook was obviously wrong, so that has been remade to a 'fuller' shape;)

All now glued again and waiting for it to set hard before starting on the stringers for the chines and gunwhales. 

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2617

Whilst waiting I soldered up the rudder I had made earlier.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 pm

The chine stringers are now installed, glued and pinned but not without having to make more adjustments to the bulwarks. I am thinking that I might use balsa blocks for the very sharp bit at the bows. The stringers are spruce and pretty stiff even after a good soak in hot water. Also its not quite clear how the gunwhale stringer goes at the bow, so I think it will be easier to use blocks and carve it.Very Happy

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2620 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2621
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:12 pm

This i feel will be another great model, an a great addition to the forum keep up the great work Barrie!

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm

it brings back happy and enjoyable memories.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Both sets of stringers are now glued in place. After failing to buy some balsa blocks today, I have decided to stick to the plans and run the skins right up to the bow. This means sorting out the stringers and then sanding everything into line before fitting the skins. These will be 1/32nd ply.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2623
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Started skining today and it went better than I expected Smile First photo shows two side skins in place and the second is with the first bottom skin fixed and waiting for the glue to set hard. Tomorrow I will finish trimming the pieces already fixed, then fix the final one.

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2624 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2625

I had a slight set back today. Before starting to fix the sides I decided to open out the hole for the prop shaft and check where the motor would go. However, the shaft I had bought was too long - the motor would have been up at cabin roof level Rolling Eyes I measured from the plan but was way out so had to ring Steve at Model Boat Bits and order a new one Mad I wont have it until Friday as he is very busy he tells me (which is good news not only for him I think)

I plan to use resin inside to waterproof and strengthen the hull, the outside will be covered with aircraft tissue using Eze Kote.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:37 pm

I fitted the final skin today and trimmed the others. On Thursday I hope to finish trimming the skins, then apply some resin to the interior. Whilst waiting for the glue to dry I fired up my old laptop to cut some vinyl numbers and window frames. I also made some RAF roundels, although I am not too happy with those.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2626
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 am

2thumbsup2thumbsup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:51 am

nice fit there barrie......Thumbup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:56 am

Thanks. I'm quite pleased with it so far - surprised even - as wood is not my favourite modelling medium. Never seem to be able to cut straight Embarassed

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Not a lot to show for today's efforts. Last night I trimmed the final skin and found a slight gap between the side and bottom skin, so I filled it from the inside with P40. I also strengthened the joint between the skin and keel in that area which will be inaccessible when the deck is fitted. I also used some filler to strengthen the joint between the side skin and gunwhale stringer along the hull.

This morning after some sanding I applied some resin to the whole of the inside paying particular attention to the joints between skin and keel and stringers. I also fitted a false transom to cover up some unsightly joints.

Next I fitted the chine stringer to hull on both sides. After the glue had set I gave the outside of the hull a coat of Eze Kote resin. I was going to use aircraft tissue on the outside, but think its probably strong enough without.

I also converted the stocks to a stand - waste not want not:D:P

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2627

Whilst checking the position and size of the numbers etc. I found this picture - it shows what I suspected, the Adamcraft hull is not really very accurate - compare the two views - ST206 original and my hull.

Barrie
Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 St206-10 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2630
Back to top Go down
davidjt
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
davidjt

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:19 pm

hi barrie,

do you mean the curvature towards the deck, not much you can do apart from redoing new frames , big job though. if you can live with it leave it be still looks good. don't think I would have noticed only for you saying.  would make the chine hard to shape plenty of steaming to get it like that.

david
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 6:36 pm

David,

I am not bothered at all by the difference - I set out to build a replica of the Adamcraft model, not an accurate model of an ST206. I don't think you could get that shape unless you double diagonal planked it as Neil did with his Flying Christine I think.

I knew the Adamcraft wasn't very accurate, I was just surprised how much the hull shape differed. I also suspect the ratio of hull length to beam is out as well. The 206 looks much slimmer.

Regards

Barrie
Back to top Go down
intrepid75
Master
Master
intrepid75

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Accuracy. paccuracy whatever it still looks a lovely job so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:33 am

intrepid75 wrote:
Accuracy. paccuracy whatever it still looks a lovely job so far.

Agreed looking good.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm going to have to change the title of this build log.Discovered today that the Adamcraft was modeled on the later version of the Sea Plane tender which was longer and maybe broader than the 200 series!

Not much done today - looking after Grandson instead.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Well, my new prop shaft hasn't arrived yet:( , so I have been cutting out some of the cabin and wheelhouse components. I can't really start fitting them yet as I want as clear a hull as possible when I mount the motor etc.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 6:16 am

Neil,

I've been checking your build of the working Flying Christine but can't see how you made access to the steering servo. Did you just seal it up and hope for the best?

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:58 pm

No Matey..........although I put the transom deck on I left access to the servo through the back bulkhead with a false front on it..........with just enough movement of the fixing bracket for the servo to allow the servo to be removed through that hole........the deck covers half the hole and the panel also keeps the two part deck from riding up and twisting........if you still unsure I can take some photos of the thing tomorrow.

neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 am

Neil,

If it's not too much problem I would appreciate a couple of photos. Looking again at your build the stern is not quite the same as mine as Flying Christine was a 200 series boat and mine is a 400, but maybe it will give me an idea Wink 

Barrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:43 am

will do matey. neil.
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 5:53 pm

My prop shaft arrived today an also some collets to make the tiller for the rudder I made earlier.
The propshaft has been installed, and the rudder temporarily tacked in place. Next job is to make a mount for the motor - a brushless one. I need some more spruce strip to finish the hull which I can get from Harlow - not quite as far as Maldon Cool I should be able to go there on Friday.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2610 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2611

From that angle the rudder looks to be too low - hope its not Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:51 pm

here's how I fitted mine Barrie...tight squeeze but is accessible even with arthritic fingers, lol

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 01210

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 01310

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 01410
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Thanks Neil - I was thinking of doing something similar myself. I only have one rudder as per the Adamcraft original so it should be easier:lol: Laughing 

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 5:23 pm

I am feeling very angry tonight. I decided to go to Harlow - about 20 miles away - to the nearest model shop. I checked online for their hours and that they had what I wanted. When I got there they were closed. A guy from a neighbouring unit said they had gone to show Shocked Rolling Eyes Mad Surprised 

You would have thought they could have noted this on their web site. They had listed the shows they planned to attend, but not that it would mean they were closed for two days before Rolling Eyes 

Ah well, back to the internet, although I can't really order 4 x 36" lengths of 15/16th square spruce - it would probably arrive as 6 inch pieces Razz Laughing Laughing 

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:13 pm

I get most of my strip wood from here... all lengths are 1m... it all arrives in 1m tubes large range of sizes and prices are really good!

https://www.mantuamodel.co.uk/

RR

barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:53 pm

RR - Thanks but I don't think its worth sending for two strips at 60p each Laughing  - the postage would cost more than the wood, but I have bought from them at Leamington.

A better day today after yesterday's frustrations Wink 

I finalised the motor installation and the wiring. The motor mount will be removable easily should I need to withdraw the propshaft.
Not having any alli sheet, I used a motor mount to mount the on-off switch Surprised I have not made a battery box or fixed the ESC yet as I am not sure if I will use a 2S or 3S LiPo. The steering servo has been fixed and the linkages made. I will make a removable panel at the rear of the cockpit which will enable me to access the rudder to remove it. Should the servo fail, I will cut a hole in the rear deck and make a hatch Rolling Eyes 

I also fitted the deck stringers and the beam at the rear of the cockpit. Just about ready for trimming and fitting the deck.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2612 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2613 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2614 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2615
Back to top Go down
Footski
Master
Master
Footski

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:40 pm

At this rate, she is going to be a beauty!
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks Barrie Smile 

Today I fitted the decks - not without a problem or two. The templates were wrong again and this time I didn't check properly before I cut the ply Sad  However I think I have rescued things, although some filling will be required. As the decks are to be painted this isn't too much of a problem.

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2616 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2617

I also started to fit the cabin and cockpit sides, and these have been given several coats of sanding sealer ready for fixing when the deck is finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 9:15 pm

wow!......that looks superb......very crisp and nice Barrie..........taking shape already.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Very tidy Barrie.

Just a though. Will the balance at the rear be affected by the offset servo ?

Cheers

ken
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Kenny - I don't think so - its a miniature servo, and if there are any problems I'll correct them with the ballast. This model is made in liteply, so is much lighter than the original and so will almost certainly need some ballast.

Barrie
Back to top Go down
Tug--Kenny
Lost But Never Forgotten R.I.P
Tug--Kenny

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:17 pm

Cheers Barrie,  Hope you didn't mind me mentioning it.  Thumbup

All the best

ken
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:22 am

Not at all Thumbup 

Barrie
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm

The hull is now ready for painting. I have added the toe rails and created a hatch over the rudder & servo. I had to do this Embarassed  I turned the hull upside down and the servo/rudder links fell out Embarassed Embarassed 
I couldn't get them back without the hatch. Of course I should have made the links so they wouldn't fall out, but heyho Rolling Eyes Shocked 
Ready for hull painting now before I tackle the superstructure. Most of that is made and is ready to start fixing.
I will not be fixing wood gunwhale rubbers as I am not prepared to go to Harlow again Laughing  - I plan to make use of some foam rubber D section that I have.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2618 Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2620
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 pm

looks really nice barrie...............lovely job.
neil.
Back to top Go down
Roadrunner
Forum Overlord
Forum Overlord
Roadrunner

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Thumbup

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:32 pm

2thumbsup
Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Renamed 440   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 pm

I have been painting the last few days - ready now for boot topping and rubbing strip. I have also cut some new numbers - 440 instead of 206 - and ordered some vinyl so I can complete the roundels. I had to guess the water line as there is no indication on the drawing, so went by what looked to be the line on photos of the actual 440.

Barrie

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Imgp2621

Back to top Go down
barriew
Captain (moderator)
Captain (moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Today I fitted the gunwhale rubbers using D section foam. I also painted the boot topping, although it somehow doesn't look right scratch . I'll have to see what happens when it goes in the water. There is a little touching up to do before then.

I have started assembling the superstructure using the parts I prepared earlier. Next job is the main cabin roof and a floor for the cockpit. I think the Adamcraft had benches all round the cockpit as it didn't have the two engine casings.

Barrie

It wont let me upload photos tonight - I'll try again later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206   Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adamcraft Seaplane Tender ST206
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next